Chapter twenty-five_(25)

••Haven't you done enough?
Would you continue,
Until there's nothing left of this empty soul••

    "How was chemistry?" Faith asked with a small smile as I came out of the lab to find her and Ada waiting for me.

"Fine, as usual. But extra fine today," I answered, thinking back to those girls. Just as I fell in line with faith Ada to start walking to the dorm, the girls came out of the lab and waved at me.

"Thanks for earlier," Aleeyah smiled and I returned it.

"No worries," I said, all the awkwardness I felt earlier was long gone now.

"See ya!" The pretty one chimed in and they all waved again and then left. Who knew such people existed in that school? I mean, I've always had chemistry with them but I just used to think they were loud and obnoxious, always goofing around and laughing with Mr Akin. I didn't know their goofiness was actually cool and not obnoxious like I'd judged. They were just always too enclosed in their little quad to let anyone else in or to care too much about what was actually going on around them.

I felt like, if I had been a different person, we could have been friends.

"Why am I so hungry?" Ada complained as we rounded a corner and hurried down the stairs. I was glad classes were over for the day and I was glad it was Friday, because Fridays meant no prep and we had the remaining evening to ourselves.

"Me too o! Let's go get some snacks before the cafeteria closes," Faith suggested and we all hurried towards the cafeteria, until a tall lanky girl approached us with a tired look on her face. I knew she was the head girl, but I had no idea what her name was and we didn't have any classes together. I think she's even an art student sef.

"Hey, you guys. The principal said all SS3 students should gather in the assembly hall for a quick announcement," she said, breathing heavily at the end of her words. She must have been running around.

"Why? What happened?" Ada asked, a frown creasing her brows.

"I have no idea too, but please go to the assembly now and if you see any other SS3 students on your way, tell them to also go there." She said and started jogging away before Ada could ask more questions.

"What is it again like this? I hope its not like that time that Timmy and Lola were caught having sex in the staff bathroom!" Ada wondered and I snorted at the memory. They both had been expelled after the girl lied that she was being raped and then the teachers had watched what actually happened on the bathroom camera's. In my opinion, they were both stupid, but the girl was even stupider for lying...but I really didn't care.

"Let's just go and find out," I said and we all agreed, then proceeded to the assembly hall.

The hall was almost full by the time we got there and the principal had started talking, but hopefully we didn't miss anything important.

"--so, you'll have your dinner party tomorrow and then on Sunday, you'll go for the excursion to round up all the fun you've been having, so you can relax and start preparing hard for your external exams." We caught the rest of his sentence and I frowned, wondering what excursion that was again. I'd even forgotten about the dinner party tomorrow.

Yeah, because I'm not going.

"Meet Mr Okoro for more details and collect your passes before 4:00 in the afternoon tomorrow. If you don't collect it before then, you won't join the others on the trip." Lie! "Also remember to leave a thank you message for the parent who planned this for you guys. The receptionist will receive your letters and anything you might want to give to Mrs Ebunike, our respected sports prefect, Ifeanyi's mom." He continued and Ada and Faith were already grinning widely, the idea of an excursion exciting them. I just groaned internally, wondering why rich people had so many problems about spending money.