Fools Gold

"Rise and shine, sleepy heads." Damon stated, sitting at the end of Stefan's bed and looking between Elena and Stefan who were cuddling.

"What are you doing?" Stefan asked in annoyance as he sat up while Elena groaned and tried to cover her lingerie with the sheets.

"Damon, please." Elena stated, pulling the covers over her chest and sighing deeply at the effort.

"Oh, stop being smutty." I countered in some amusement as I walked around Stefan's room curiously.

"If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it." Damon added with a smirk, making Elena scoff while I rolled my eyes. "Now, listen. We have some very important business to discuss." He added with an assertive nod.

"And it has to be right now?" Elena countered, gesturing at her and Stefan's situation.

"Well, we have lots to do." I answered, turning towards them and watching their eyes fall on me. "Now that we're all friends and working towards a common goal." I added, gesturing towards Damon to continue and he looked at me gratefully and stood.

"So, in order to open the tomb, we need to find the journal to get the grimoire to undo the spell. Now, first things first—since you are Mariana and Elena Gilbert, you two are on journal duty." Damon informed, looking between us. I sighed in response and looked over all of Stefan's journals from over his years of being a vampire. All dating back to 1864.

"Since when am I helping?" Elena asked in defeat, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Well, Stefan's helping and you've taken up residence in Stefan's bed—Ergo.." I answered and lead off, not looking at her but instead down at the picture of Katherine from 1864 as it set on Stefan's desk. I furrowed my eyebrows down at the picture in both shock and familiarity.. I've not seen the picture until now.

"You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do." Stefan reassured Elena who sighed in annoyance and pulled the sheet over herself fully.

"I'll look for it tonight." Elena stated from under the sheets as I put the picture down.

"How do we know that this journal will hold the location of a grimoire?" Stefan asked, sitting up on his elbows and raising an eyebrow at Damon. "We're really gonna take the word of this vampire? He seemed like a bit of a dimwit." He added sarcastically and I smirked at him.

"In lieu of any other options." Damon replied with a shrug before Elena quickly sat up again, uncovering herself from the sheets and sighing loudly.

"Okay, what exactly is a grimoire, anyways?" She asked in annoyance and I turned towards them and leant back on Stefan's desk.

"It's a witch's cookbook." Damon answered simply, making me fold my arms over my chest.

"Every spell that a witch casts is unique onto itself, so every witch would document their work." I informed, making all three of them look at me in confusion but I shrugged. "I do my research." I added, tilting my head at Damon in amusement.

"Yeah. Cookbook." Damon countered as he shook him head and I rolled my eyes.

"What about our mystery vampire? Dimwit obviously wasn't working alone, so whoever is out there knows who we are." Stefan stated as he looked up at Damon again.

"And I don't like that disadvantage, so.." Damon started, leading off before clapping his hands together. "Chop-Chop." He added, walking towards the door and I followed. "You know, I really like this whole ménage—foursome team thing. It's got kind of a kink to it." He stated, smirking back at the two who looked skeptically back at him while he chuckled. "Don't screw it up." He added in a serious tone before we both walked out of the room.
~~~