7'edited'

^^Carson^^
Same day as the last chapter

"El.....Angel" the voice of onii-chan woke me up.

Slowly opening my eyes , I saw three pairs staring back at me......ah right, I was sitting on nii-chan's lap and the boys where talking about politics, I joined in occasionally but it got boring and I fell asleep.

"Why did you wake me up? Did our parents finish discussing?" I asked half awake and half asleep while rubbing my eyes.

They all chuckled. What is there to laugh about?

"No. They haven't finish discussing. We are going to talk about a topic that you might be interested about so I woke you up. Plus, our etiquette teacher taught you before that a proper lady mustn't sleep in front of anyone, didn't she?"

"You are my brother" I paused and pointed to the other two "they are my friends, you guys aren't 'anyone'......Putting that aside, what is the topic that you think I might be interested in...so much that you have to wake me up?

Nii-chan, you of all people should know I hate it when people wake me up for something unimportant. It might put me in a bad mood all day."

"About our ancestors. You should know that our family, which include the royal family and the family of the two Dukes aren't purely humans, but only the three family knows of that. After all if humans find out...we can't rule anymore. So let's tell each other about our ancestors." explained Zayden

Well I guess this is interesting enough for me to abandon my precious nap time. Just barely though, I'll go back to sleep at once if it turns boring. I'm tired, I barely slept last night because I couldn't breathe properly.

"I'll start first." Nii-chan said with a smile "Our ancestors are the Royalty of Ice Elves thus every generation of the Diamonda family have Ice as their attribute. I'm guessing our mana has something to do with our blood too though it only happened in our generation.

So basically, Ice elves are the second strongest race there is to exist and they usually have white or blonde hair with red or blue eyes. As you can see from Angel and I. The only difference is we are weaker compared to them as there is human blood in us and we don't have sharp ears."

"Interesting. Then I'll go next." Carson smiled.

Why do they all smile when they are going to say something? Is it because they are captured targets or because they don't trust each other enough to show their true self? From what I can tell, these smiles aren't fake but they aren't exactly genuine.

"The Maverick family has the blood of Royal Void Fairies which is the third strongest race there is to exist. Our family have void as our attribute for every generation. Like Darkness and Ice. the void attribute is unobtainable for normal human beings. And the thing that symbolizes us is our blood red eyes."

"Hmmm~ then it's my turn now. The royal family's ancestor is the demon king. The strongest being there is to exist and is also the only being that has dark attributes. Before you ask, even though the demon kings you read in novels has black hair the real one which existed in our world has blonde hair."

After he finished talking, a maid came to our direction from quite far away. Zayden must have ask all the servants not to stand too close to us so they don't overhear our conversation. And there is a sound barrier one of them casted so unless it's someone skilled I doubt that they can eavesdrop.

"Your highness, Young Masters and Young Lady, your parents have summoned you to meet up in the audience chamber" she bowed respectfully. Maids in the imperial palace sure is on a different level.