Chapter 15: New York

1926

Your P.O.V.

Today was the day just like any other. You have fed your creatures and had breakfast. Now, you were walking from your apartment to MACUSA. You liked to take walks. It was healthy and you did get to see many different things on the streets of New York. You really liked to observe people. They were odd.

Today you planned to work on a next chapter of your book. A chapter about Occamies.

You walked past the City Bank. On the steps of it stood no other than Mary Lou Barebone. She was having another meeting. There were a lot of people standing there. For a brief moment you thought that you spotted a familiar witch from work. Probably not. You shrug it off and continued to walk along the chilling streets of New York. It was December. You were dressed in a white button-up shirt, beautiful dark purple kneeted cardigan, dark gray trousers, grey leather boots and your black coat. Your beloved briefcase in your left hand as well as your mother's engagement ring. And you did not forget to put on the necklace with the hippogriff feather.

When you walked into a tall buildings of MACUSA you walked up some stairs and headed to the elevator. On your way you passed by a Wand-Polishing-Machine.

"Miss Y/l/n." A House-Elf greeted you.

"Hello, Red." You said and stepped into the elevator.

The elf knew where you were headed and without questions he used his long stick to push the buttons. The doors closed and the elevator stared moving up. Eventually it came to a stop. The doors opened.

"Thank you." You said to the elf and walked out.

After taking a few turns in the corridors and successfully avoiding everyone you made it to your office. On the wall near the door of every office there was a little shelf wher paperboy was leaving fresh newspapers. You usually didn't read them but it wouldn't be polite not to take it. There was an article on the front paige that said 'Where is Grindelwald?'. You set your case beside your chair and took off your long coat and hanged it on a rack.

You sat down, turned your briefcase to the 'Muggle Worthy' mode and took out your notebook. You laid a few pieces of paper in front of you and prepared your quill and ink. When you quickly read the information about Occamies from your notebook and checked what classification MACUSA gave those creatures, you stared scribing down your next chapter. When you will be satisfied with the result, you will properly type it down on your typing-machine.

Newt's P.O.V.

Today was sixth of December. Right now, I'm on a muggle boat. It just entered New York. A few minutes ago it sailed past the Statue of Liberty. It was big, very big. I wonder how did they build that without magic.

I was sitting on a bench on the deck. My case was next to me. It was a bright, clear day. Seagulls swooped over my head. They were one of the kinds of birds that I knew from the muggle world. Some passengers were leaning over the railing, looking very excited. I mean, who wouldn't. It is New York after all. And it was a long ride.

I have never been here before. New York will be my brief stop before I go to Arizona. I have to bring Frank home.

Suddenly a catch on my case flicked open. I bent down and closed it. I know exactly why it opened. I picked up my case, placed it on my lap and smiled, then I leaned in so nobody would notice.

"Dougal, settle down now, please. It won't be long." I whispered to my Demiguise.

Then I placed my hands on top of my case and rested my head on top of my hands. I looked up and sighed, watching New York with its tall skyscrapers. My thoughts trailed again to a particular person. I wonder what is she doing right now? Where is she? Is she happy?