chapter 19

wooyoung san

they spent the rest of their time eating junk food and watching shows they had both seen before.

it turned out hyunjin - like san - was a fan of bl series and had seen relatively the same ones as he had dedicated his time to. who would've known?

they fanboyed together over slow burn couples and even shed a few tears, clinging to each other while stuffing their faces with caramel popcorn, wishing for pink milk.

but by the 3rd replay of sotus, hyunjin had fallen asleep, and san had quietly left the boy in the mess of food packaging and a paused episode.

he made his way to his own dorm, planning to sneak in the door as carefully as possible so not to disturb wooyoung.

unfortunately for him, he had underestimated the other's patience.

cursing to himself when the door creaked, san pusher it shut slowly, letting out a breath as the lock sounded. he turned around, rolling his shoulders in relief, only to find-

"you're back late. or should i say early, given it's past 2am." wooyoung was sitting cross legged on the bed, back straight, unblinking.

san made a small sound of dissatisfaction and surprise. "why're you still up?"

"waiting for you. where were you?" he didn't miss a beat.

"umm... hanging out with hyunjin." he mumbled, shrugging off his jacket and averting his eyes.

"i see." why is my heart beating a million beats per second?? "since when are you and hyunjin so close?" wooyoung questioned after a pause.

"since you told me to make friends with some of yours, dumbass." san chided, flicking wooyoung's head playfully.

"...fair enough. what did you guys do?" he pressed further, watching san kick his shoes off and climb gratefully onto the bed.

"nothing much. talked. he's good company." san told him honestly, pursing his lips thoughtfully.

"talked? about what?"

"none of your concern!" san laughed, amused at the other's discomfort of his lack of knowledge.

"what could you talk about that's not the concern of your boyfriend!?" wooyoung fretted, leaning closer.

san poked him in the side. "that's between hyunjin and i."

"hmm." wooyoung pouted, drawing his arms around san and resting his chin on top of his head.

san laughed, turning on his side to press his back against wooyoung's chest. "don't stay up for me again."

the dull lamp flickered off like the embers of a dying fire. "i'll always stay up for you."

smiling, san soon felt wooyoung's slow, even breaths on his neck, an indicator the other was now asleep.

always? "i really hope you mean that." san whispered into the darkness, closing his eyes and pulling the arms tighter around him.

•••

alas, reality was upon them, and they both had to attend class. thankfully, neither had their first one too early, so they allowed themselves a few extra blissful moments of sleep.

"five more minutes..."

"you said that five minutes ago, little choi." wooyoung laughed as he buttoned up his shirt and san buried his face in the pillow.

"m'tired."

"you should've thought of that before you stayed up with hyunjin."

san raised his head to make a face at him. "jealous ass."