Chapter 51: Third Life - Back to Crimson Snow Valley

"What happened here?" Wu Dufeng ran to my side. I closed my eyes, recollecting my strength while blood dripping from my mouth ran down my chin.

"It was them. Crimson Snow Valley," I muttered, "They... killed everyone here."

Luckily, I was able to kill the rest of them before they got to do even more damage. Still... so many innocents were slaughtered.

"Despicable." Wu Dufeng clenched his fists. Helping me stand, he tightened his hold when I took a step forward.

"What are you doing?"

"I have to go. They took Lu Kai."

"You're hurt! You won't be able to defeat them all."

"Then I'll die trying."

"Stop. We'll think of a way."

"No! I know Master. She will try whatever horrendous way she can to extract the Star Gem from Lu Kai's body. I can't endure knowing that she will torture him."

"Then... I'll go with you. I have just as much business with Zhao Bao Bai."

"Then what are we waiting for?"

Wu Dufeng pulled me as he used his powers to propel us at heightened speed toward Crimson Snow Valley.

Flying overhead, I saw Lu Kai restrained in chains. Breaking through the barrier with a spell, Wu Dufeng and I landed in front of the main hall. In the same courtyard where I almost died five years ago.

Senior Luo drew her sword, "Luo Na Li, you dare bring a man into Crimson Snow Valley?"

The only words from my mouth were, "Let him go."

"Luo Na Li?" Master walked out from the main hall. Still dignified and proud. Dressed in white robes, her pale skin illuminated her deep red lips.

"Master... Let him go."

"You're looking pale. I'm surprised you're still alive all these years. Isn't the pain from the Fidelity Oath hard to endure? No one lives pass a year once it awakens, " Master informed. Like a true psychotic villain, she said all that with a grin.

"Na Li Jie, what is she talking about?" Lu Kai asked. With both hands chained to two wooden poles, he stood meekly under as the pain in his eyes tore at my heart.

Ignoring him, I said, "Master really cursed the followers of Crimson Snow Valley. I wonder what man caused you to be like this."

"Shut your mouth, Na Li. Do not speak like that of Sect Leader," Senior Yue chimed in.

"Let the boy go, Zhao Bao Bai. The Star Gem is no longer of use to you," Wu Dufeng announced.

"Wu Dufeng, you dared to pair up with my shameless disciple against me? Your death... is long over due."

"As is yours." Wu Dufeng pulled out his sword.

Battle ensued with sect followers coming after me and Wu Dufeng. Master and Senior Yue observed our battle to the death. Taking them out was easy. All I could think of was to save Lu Kai, take him away from here. However, a doubt distilled in my mind. Would he still admire me after witnessing me kill so many?

Senior Yue couldn't wait to show to Master that she was capable of killing me, Master's most treasured student. Lunging at me as I ended the life of a follower, I used River Sound to ward her off.

"Why would you stay so loyal to an immoral leader?" I gritted through my teeth.

"I have nothing in this world. If I don't have my loyalty for Sect Leader then I would be no better than a dog."