𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

———✰———

Veronica was at her own house that night and was told in the morning that Eleven did not go back to Mike's in the night which made her run her hand through her golden locks frustratedly before she decided to try and talk to her passed out drunk father in the living room.

"Dad! Dad" Veronica callee our to him from the doorway of the living room.

"Get up!" She yelled walking towards where he sat passed out the smell of alcohol thick.

"I said get up!" She carried on getting angrier at her father.

"You promised!" She cried as he still didn't wake "you promised you were going to get better! You said you were going to get a job!"

"Dad!" She screamed trying to wake him still before she finally burst and started kicking his chair and shouting in despair that he wasn't getting up before she backed away from him sliding down the wall and sobbing in the midst of her dad's beer bottles.

———✰———

Eventually, Veronica got up and started tidying the lounge until Dustin and Mike knocked on her door to go and get Lucas after Mike apologises to Lucas.

"What do you want?" Lucas asked as he answered the door.

Mike didn't answer so Veronica nudged him and Dustin hit his arm making him sigh.

"I drew first blood, so..." Mike said holding his hand out to shake which Lucas didn't but instead lead them into his house to talk.

"Okay, I'll shake. On one condition we forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate." Lucas finally said.

"What?! El's one of us now" Veronica piped up.

"Then the deals off," Mike told Lucas.

"Fine!" Lucas shouted.

"Fine!" Mike repeated.

"No, no, not fine! Guys, seriously do you even remember what happens on the bloodstone pass?" Dustin asked making Lucas and Mike share a shrug.

"We couldn't agree on which path to take, so we split up the party and those trolls took us out one by one. And we were all disabled! So we stick together no matter what" Dustin explained dramatically.

"Yeah, I agree. But this is the party right here in the room" Lucas said.

"El is one of us now" Mike repeated what veronica said earlier.

"Um, no, she's not. Not even close! Never will be. She's a liar. A traitor" Lucas started to rant but Mike cut him off.

"She was trying to keep us safe! She didn't mean to hurt you. It was an accident!" Mike defended.