Closer.

Hakyeon finished making the food and set the plates down on the table. They all sat down, digging in. 

     "I-I-I made some f-for you too i-if you want it-" Hakyeon stuttered to the three monsters.

     "Thank you" Taekwoon smiled. 

     Hakyeon nodded sheepishly, fiddling with the towel in his hand. He went and sat down with the others, eating as well. Hongbin was a little pissed that he invited the others over but did nothing about it. 

     Sanghyuk sat down beside Hongbin who moved away from quickly. Sanghyuk only sighed, lowering his head. Hongbin, confused, looked at him for moment. He saw how sad he looked. 

     'Stop it! Don't feel bad for him!' he told himself. 

     Hongbin sighed, feeling conflicted. With the roll of his eyes, he subtly moved back over to him. 

     He saw Sanghyuk smile at him a little out of the corner of his eye. A smile tugged at Hongbin's own lips as he ate. 

     He hated how natural it felt. 

     He hated that he wanted to be closer.

     Hongbin finished his food, finding himself tired but not wanting to leave the others. His lids grew heavy and he swayed a little bit...

     He leaned to his left a little and.... 

     Hongbin's head ended up on Sanghyuk shoulder. He cuddled up into his side, hugging his arm and falling asleep almost instantly... 

🌹

     Sanghyuk was surprised when he felt Hongbin's head on his shoulder, even more surprised when he found him cuddling his arm while asleep. He smiled fondly at him, caressing his cheek. 

     "I'm going to take him to bed, if that's alright with you" he said quietly. 

     Hakyeon was a little hesitant but nodded. 

     Sanghyuk, picked him up bridal style, standing up with him. He carried him to his bedroom, lying him down gently in the crimson sheets. 

     He paused, staring at him for a little longer than he should've. But he couldn't tear his eyes away. He shook his head, getting a hold of himself. 

     He turned around to leave...

     But a small hand gripped the sleeve of his shirt. He looked back, seeing Hongbin hugged his arm tightly. 

    Sanghyuk glanced back at the door and sighed. He turned into his wolf form and laid beside Hongbin. Hongbin wrapped his arms around him, cuddling against him. 

     If he was in his human form, Sanghyuk would've been smiling so big. Instead, he closed his eyes in satisfaction.

     And without him realizing...

     His tail began to wag, thumping against the bed.