Chapter 15: Results of Training

Age: 9

My disguise had worked, not a single knight had stopped us.

As we lined up with all the others waiting to be processed to leave the City, I saw a young child near my age arguing with a soldier who held him up like a naughty kitten by the back of his collar as he dangled kicking the air.

It brought me back to the beginning days of my training with Valor... It was also when I realized his handsome face was a terrible facade that should not be trusted. He was a demon who teased and harassed me relentlessly. It also didn't help that I was regularly tortured by Ceil to work like a labor monkey, creating new inventions for him to capitalize off of. I'm not taken seriously by anyone, am I?

I watched in curiosity as the knight raised his hand to slap the child, and before I knew it my body had leapt to stop him. In a flash, the kid, who I took note was still full of life and fighting energy, was now in my arms.
"Is there is a clear reason as the Why you attempted to harm this Child?" I asked in a clear voice, one only a Noble might use. While I wore casual adventurers clothing which consisted of white pants, brown leather boots, and a black collared dress shirt, they were of good quality if someone were to take note of the fabric and design. I also carried two daggers which were strapped to the outside of my upper thighs, while my black leather belt held a small pouch which contained poisoned needles and quick to grab antidotes. My hands had small black gloves that looked normal, but on the inside of the fabric which was double layered, there was a thin build of steel which had breaks in it to allow for regular hand motion.
The reason? I worked with poison that could still hinder me in battle if I allowed it to cut me. While it would not be lethal, my body was still small and would take years to adjust to the poisons I created.

"And who are you, brat? Hand the kid back over, he insulted me! A Knight, and my honor, by saying I was a failure" he said haughtily, like some noble's third son which grew up with a lot of arrogance. I'm guessing that's who he was.
"And you, a prestigious knight, would stoop so low as to hit a child because your 'honor' was insulted? If you so seriously take the words of a child to heart, then I must say so myself, that you indeed are a failure" I stated, and noticed the boy stiffen and muffle a laugh. The knight however, was not so amused. He instantly pulled his sword. Growing like a wild beast.

I noticed Xavier come beside me, letting loose a low warning growl to the man in front of me.

"It's okay Xavier.... let me handle this, okay?" I said sweetly, happy my leopard companion was so protective and loyal. I swore in my heart that I'd beat his master so bloody, he'd be useless in caring for Xavier and be forced to hand him over. That way, I could always spoil the leopard.
Xavier backed down at my words, now quietly observing from where he could intervene if necessary.

"Now now Mr. Knight, will you really strike down a little girl?" I asked sarcastically, moving the little boy towards the side so he would not be brought into the conflict. Yet the knight just shot me a hateful look, before charging me, a tiny little girl, with his weird lanky knight body. Disgusting.
The fight was over instantly, when all I had to do was step to the left and trip him. That was it.
Well... I also gave him a tiny nick with a needle dipped in a paralysis medicine. It instantly left him twitching and unable to move while he fell like a sack of potatoes to the floor.

Silence was heard, all eyes were on us, well, me.

I had just tripped the knight from what people could see, but he was instantly defeated by a child half his age, and half his height and weight. I noticed a new knight come forward. This man, actually looked like a knight, with a huge body covered in perfect muscles, tan skin, short fiery red hair, and bright yellow eyes. He was handsome, and well defined on every level. I could see his emblem belonging to the Royal Knights, and from the looks of it, he's a Commander.
He also looked young, maybe 18? Or a little older at most. A true man blessed by god.
I felt a little embarrassed, but kept the calm aloofness of a true Noble woman as he approached me.