Coasters and Laughter

[Y/N] and Hitoshi walked through the crowds of people lingering before the entrance and went to buy their admission tickets. They did some quick security checks and then they were in. [Y/N] looked at all the rides around them again. It looked even better now that they were in the amusement park.

     "So, where do you want to go first?" Hitoshi asked her. He raised his arms up wide, as if he was showcasing the entire place to her.

     She thought for a moment. "A big roller coaster," she deadpanned.

     Hitoshi stared at her in shock again. "Are you sure about that? Going onto a roller coaster right away might be too thrilling for you....maybe we should go on some go carts or something first," he said.

     "I'll be fine," she responded, locking her serious eyes into his. "I'm up and prepared for it."

     Hitoshi finally gave in. "Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you," he muttered. He led her across a small, structured bridge before they darted in and out through the mass of people. They finally stopped once they were underneath a tall looking roller coaster indeed. They got into the line for the roller coaster. Seeing the amount of people there were waiting in front of them, [Y/N] knew they were going to have to wait awhile. She turned her attention back to Hitoshi when she heard his voice. "This is not the biggest and tallest roller coaster, but it's the third biggest one. Is that good enough for you?"

     She glanced upward and heard the loud screams coming from the people that were currently on the roller coasters. That made her slightly nervous, but she swallowed her fear down. She had to at least ride a roller coaster one time during her lifetime. "It's good enough," she simply replied.

     He curtly nodded and then they just waited for their turn. Whenever she heard the screams overhead of her, her throat constricted tightly. She was not going to regret this. She was not going to regret this. She was not going to regret this....She mentally repeated this train of thought in her mind, trying her best to calm herself.

     Before she knew it, it was already time for them to get on. Hitoshi shot her an encouraging smile and she forced herself not to show him any signs of her distress. Her fingers couldn't stop shaking, but nevertheless, she got onto the ride and sat next to Hitoshi. "If you ever get scared on while it's going, grab my hand and don't let go, okay?" he advised her.

     She mutely nodded, seeing that she couldn't seem to talk right now. They buckled in their safety harness and the staff made sure everyone was safe and sound.

     [Y/N] grabbed at the bar in front of her and clenched at it as tightly as she could. Her heart was hammering in her chest and the palms of her hands were growing sweaty—

     Off they went.

     They were slowly going up a really steep hill, that had an even steeper fall later on. The clicks made between the tracks and the train only made her nervousness worse. She took deep breaths and suddenly felt a warm hand being pressed over hers. She turned to look at Hitoshi and he smiled at her. "You may not be nervous, but I am, so I'll just hold your hand okay?"

     Liar. She knew he wasn't nervous. Instead, he had probably noticed how nervous she was, so he held her hand to comfort her. Though he was lying, she had never felt more thankful in her life. The touch of his hand was already helping her a lot.

     It helped her so much that she had forgotten the drop. Speeding down so fast, faster than she could ever imagine possible, the roller coaster went down, down, and down. Her eyes bulged out of their sockets and her jaw dropped. She felt like she wanted to scream, but instead....

     Unfamiliar sounds tumbled out of her mouth. Her mouth was wide opened, but the corners of her lips were turned upward. Her stomach was shaking and rumbling.

     She was....laughing.