011

Even though we were the closest patrol near the area where the distress signal came from, it took us a while to get to the destination, being that it is located on the outskirts of the city.

Namjoon lets out a shaky breath as he parks the car, his muscles tense when he looks at me, and his gaze says everything.

We didn't have time to take the boys home, our only option was to bring them with us, but that just means that we are putting them in danger. Especially since we don't really know what we are dealing with.

Letting out a shaky breath of my own, I place my hand on top of Namjoon's, giving it a slight squeeze.

"Let's go check it out." I say softly, my eyes not meeting his, but nonetheless, out of the corner of my eye I see him nod.

Namjoon reaches his hand over to my side, opening the compartment and taking out his weapon, his hand slightly shaking as he prepares to get down.

Jungkook's eyes land on Namjoon's gun as it clicks and he places it back on the holdster. He doesn't say a word but his shoulders are slightly raised, nervousness shown as he slightly chews on his bottom lip.

"Don't worry Jungkook, it's just protocol. We usually don't use them." Namjoon reassures and Jungkook slightly nods his head.

Namjoon turns around and ruffles the boy's hair, giving him a dimpled smile before he opens the door and gets down.

"Please stay in the car and lock the doors as soon as we are out." I say opening my door. "We will be back as soon as we can."

Giving a small, not so confident smile of my own, I follow Namjoon as he makes his way to the house, his footsteps slow and careful as we approach, probably assessing the situation.

As we approach the porch of the house, a lady waves as she sees us, ushering over with her hands.

"Good evening ma'am." Namjoon says bowing. "I am detective Kim and this is my partner detective Lee." He says pausing for a second, the lady returning the bow.

"We received a call earlier in the dispatch. Would you mind explaining what you found?" He asks and the lady nods, guiding us to the back of her house.

"I think that there is something hiding in the barn." She explains, her lamp lighting up only half of her face. "We had really bad rain up until yesterday and this afternoon when I went to check on the barn I heard something inside."

Namjoon nods as she explains, his eyes throwing me a questioning look, but I shrug in response.

"Take a look for yourselves." The lady says pointing to the barn and retreating back into her house.

I give Namjoon an unsure look and he gives me a slight nod, his hand reaching for the gun in the holdster in case we need it.

So far it doesn't seem like we are dealing with another dead hybrid, but my senses are still going crazy as we open the door of the barn, an audible growl filling the air.

I narrow my eyes as I scan the place, trying to make out the shadow of whatever there is inside, my eyes landing on a pair of flowing eyes, realization hitting me.

It's a hybrid.

Namjoon seems to notice too because his hand moves from hovering around the gun, to lifting it above his hand in a peaceful manner.