Forget Me Not

"I had no other choice..."

"No other choice?" Marco scratched his head in confusion. "You left without saying anything...were you kidnapped?"

Star shook her head, "No."

"Were you forced by anyone or anything?" The Latin boy frowned.

"No. It was my choice to come here."

"Why couldn't you tell me? And what do you mean you had no choice!? Star, I was going crazy. Heck, if it weren't for your ex boyfriend I wouldn't even be here right now."

"My ex boyfriend?" Star rose an eyebrow.

"Tom?" Marco put his hands on his hips. "Do you seriously not know him?"

"I...I'm not sure." She fiddled with her fingers. "I didn't think I knew him." She hesitated, unable to look Marco in the eyes.

"Star, what's going on?"

"I'm sorry I left you Marco, I thought it was for the best."

"That's bull! There's something you're not telling me. I was hurt Star!" The brunette rubbed his face. "You worried me."

"Marco, I already apologized! What do you want me to do?! What's done is done and there really is no going back," Star turned away from him. "I had to come here. I couldn't stay at Earth any longer knowing my parents were in some kind of danger."

"And you couldn't tell me this? Why couldn't you tell me this? Why did you decide that leaving on your own was a good idea—"

"I'm not on my own!" Star spat in frustration. "Stop trying to make me the villain here! I had every right to leave your dimension to find my parents and it shouldn't matter whether I tell you that or not. It's not like I'm tied down to you!" When she said this, she immediately regretted it. She could quite literally see the pain she had inflicted upon her best friend and it hurt her more than she imagined it could.

Marco lowered his head. "You're pushing me away..." He said quietly in response. "Why?" His voice cracked sadly. "No, you don't get to push me away, I came here to find you. I spent the entire week trying to figure out why you left and I knew how much it would hurt if you weren't actually kidnapped...if it was your choice...and now I'm finding out it was your choice and I was right. It hurts like hell. You're my best friend Star, why're you treating me like a stranger?"

"I..." Star looked down. "I had a choice. That's true...But I wasn't sure how to say goodbye to you. I knew it was wrong but I also knew you would try to come with me. That's the last thing I wanted, for you to be pulled into this mess. I need to face my problems head on. I need to fix things in my kingdom. Toffee told me he knew my family history and he wanted to guide me. I know he was the issue last time we were here, but he's been very informational."

"Star, you can't trust Toffee." Marco frowned. "He's evil, he twisted my arm and tried to put everyone on the wrong path to stop us from finding you! We have to get rid of him. He totally knows where your parents are! He's probably tricking you!"

"Toffee was doing what I asked him. I knew you'd try to come find but I never knew you would or could actually show up. I told him to make sure no one found me, but you did anyways." Star looked at her best friend's arm. "Is your arm okay?"

"You're brainwashed. Toffee is bad news! He's the bad guy! Star, you have to listen to me—"
Marco was cut off by footsteps coming towards the them. He immediately guarded Star, looking around carefully.