Chapter 28

I stir the boiling spaghetti and cut few Broccoli to make the sauce. I chop tomatoes and capsicums and gently mix them in a container. I decide to add oreganos and few green chillies. I check the spaghetti and look at my wrist watch, it's been three minutes now, they need more time to be cooked. I sigh and stand there at the kitchen counter, I grab an ice pack and roll it on my forehead. It was 7:30 in the evening and I was tiered, my body ached. The staff didn't show up today and I didn't find Terence in the morning.  Yesterday's dishes were not done , the kitchen counter wasn't cleaned. I didn't want to do any of the work, how can he just ask me clean his house. His. I woke up late today. I was on FaceTime with mom last night and we had a lot to talk about. We just straight away spent three hours talking and I slept at around 1:00. I heated last night left overs for breakfast and tried my best to ignore the untidy house.  But, I  liked my surroundings clean and atlast I gave in and mopped the place. I put the used dishes in a dishwasher and tidied the kitchen.

After completing my shift in Konglich I was more than  exhausted regardless I decided to cook
myself dinner. The weather was somber and angry. The thunderstorms made me shut all the windows and drape curtains. The sound of the rain pelting on the ground and window shields grew harder. Terence's house still was very much new to me And especially a place so eerie like this..it will take time for me to adjust to the surroundings.

I wore a thin sleeve cotton top and shorts. Terence comes back late at nights and the staff were absent. I was alone in his big, scary home. I enjoyed cooking myself some hot dinner. Times like this I loved watching romantic films. Chick flicks too. I make a mental note to watch one tonight.

I switch off the gas. Just when I decide to add cheese to the mixed up sauce I hear the door bell ring. I grow alert. I grab my robe and wear it. I hesitantly head towards the door, I contemplate on opening it but chose to risk it anyways.

I unlock the security system code and slightly peep out. I see the silhouette of a man, the strong whiff of his smell had me take an involuntary step back in euphoria. I instantly feel goosebumps when I take in the familiarity of the essence. I stand there paralysed not knowing what to do, I didn't expect him so early. His thumping on the sleek door grows and I push the door open. I find his single tall frame standing alone and abandoned. The low lights of the corridor did no justice in showing his face, he looked shady. Scary. I nervously tuck my strands behind my ear and step back giving him space to step in.

He slowly,almost cautiously steps inside. I take in his attire, he looked devilish. His usually well kept hair was disturbed, first two buttons of his shirt were undone. His sleeves were rolled upwards exposing his tanned, muscled forearms. His one hand consciously rested  in his pocket while his other hand had a suit dangling on it. I meet his eyes which were cold upon me. The unemotional grey fumes pinned me with an unknown intensity. I felt the hair on my neck rise. His stare had some sinful intentions to it. His eyes on me made me tingly in all the right places. I physically felt it impossibly to take in the energy. I turn around and give him space to enter. He slowly passes by, his body heat kissed mine. I unconsciously rub my arms.
Once inside, I close the door and lock it. I grow alarmed when he stands there uprooted, feet planted firmly on the floor.The strong blows of wind was the only sound heard. I didn't know what to say, what to do. The tension hung heavily in the air. Despite my pent up anger towards him I grow concerned seeing his devilish form. I wanted to ask him if he was alright, the words were on the tip of my tongue but I refrained. We need to be formal, we are strangers who unfortunately share a house. He isn't my concern and he is definitely not my business. I decide to head back to kitchen but my steps pause when I take in his drenched form. He was wet, the droplets of water that pooled near the heel of his shoes were now spreading on the dark wooden floor.