009

Two days have passed and I decided avoiding Dash was the best move. KJ and dad weren't back yet from their little "vacation" and my face was finally healing up from the beating I now feel I deserved.

"King ... no!" I spoke in a stern voice as the baby pitbull looked up at me with saddened eyes. "Fine... okay that's the only shoe you can have and that's final!" I sighed looking at the corner where a small pile of things Dash claimed as his own was tossed.

Mom and Aunt Toya have been getting along a lot better and it seems like the lack of men in the house is the reason for it. I wasn't too sure but after close examination all the bickering was because Aunt Toya was jealous of how well my dad treats my mom, who I might add was allegedly suppose to be my aunts man.

I have to say I've been pretty all over the place cognitively since I came back home. I'm now able to concentrate on two things; Reggie's death was my fault and if my brother found out I fucked in his bed I'd be responsible for another.

Taking extra precaution , I had washed his entire bed spread and texted him that king peed on his bed.

It was wrong to use the dog as a scapegoat but I do know that KJ has a soft spot for animals even if he doesn't like to admit it.

""Honey!"

My mother's voice echoed throughout the empty house, I had to admit it was nice to not have KJ's friends and female callers waltzing around.

"Yes ma!" I yelled back knowing I wasn't going to get a reply but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Making my way down the steps my mother came in to view sitting on the couch in the living room with a glass of wine in her hands.

Seems a bit too early for that I thought to myself. "What's up?"

"Door for you."

"Who is it?" I questioned

"I don't know, I didn't get up to answer it."

"You called me down a flight of stairs to open a door you're sitting near?" I shook my head pulling the door open to see Ebony with two other girls.

"Is this a set up ? I'm not in the mood to get jumped again."

I could see Ebony stifling a smirk but shook her head no. "We were going to go out and eat at elevation burger wanted to know if you'd tag along."

"I'm Kiara!" One of the girls in the back interjected. She was standing at about 5'10, skinny, dark skin beauty with four goddess braids rolling down her back stopping above her waistline. She had in large hoop earrings reading, 'KiKi' and bright pink lipstick to match the sundress she was wearing. "Everyone calms me Kiki, so just call me Kiki."

"Nobody calls her that.... the bitch hears one Drake song and changes up." the next girl was light-skin, short but about the same height as Ebony and her hair was just in a large puff while her baby hair was swooped down and on point. She wore a yellow tank top and distressed jeans with flip flops to match. "I'm Brianna and would like to be eating a burger about now so if you're coming let's go."

"I dunno Ebony my face still looks-"

"Looks fine come on, please ?"

I felt the door shutting behind me, slowly closing me out.

"Bye sweetie.." my mom peaked her head from behind the door as she continued to close it.

"What are you doing? Mom!"

The door was slammed shut shoving me in to Ebony.

"I guess it's settled !" Kiara smiles and Brianna was already heading back to the car they pulled up in.