Chapter 5 coffee huh?

Wow ! Want an eventful afternoon it's been . So much has happend that I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it ACTUALLY happend .

I make my way to the kitchen - grabbing an apple from the counter - as I just lean against the island thinking everything over again.

How can someone as rude as Logan be that cold and heartless towards every human being he comes across ? And how can a guy that cute give me his number!?

"You're thinking deeply ? " my mom's voice suddenly appears in the kitchen as I jump up from my spot , regrouping.

"N-no I'm not. It's nothing. "

"Mhm , I know that face missy . That's the face of a secret. Spill !" My mom says excited while I started to blush , thinking back to everything.

That was when I spilled my guts to my mom. I told her about how I visited Aunt Tanya,how I prayed for Logan's mom - and how rude he was about it - and then about the super cute doctor that gave me his number.

My mom gave an excited girl squeal - one you never would think a mom can or should make , in her life !

"I'm so happy for you ! My baby's got a boyfriend !" She says, still not calming down.

"Mom , he's not my boyfriend. Well , not yet anyway."

"Ooooo ! I can't wait to meet him !"

"Mom , calm down . Nothing happend yet and it probably never will. I'm a high school senior and he's a grown up man. Well , sort of I guess . He's pretty young... But that's not the point!" I say getting flustered again.

"It's just a matter of time. How can he not love you ? You're amazing not to mention beautiful. "

"Thanks mom. " I gave her a hug just as my dad came home , making me embarrassed all over again. My mom just couldn't help herself from telling him. Where I for one wanted to keep it a secret for a little longer. My dad's going to go crazy and say how young I am.

"She's too young Helen. She can't. No . I won't allow it."

Spoke too soon.

"But Mike, she's inlove . Don't you remember when we were young and inlove ? Who are we to stand in the way of love ?" Mom tries to reason.

"I'll tell you who , her parents that's who. And my answer is no. We don't even know the kid ."

"So , let's invite him for dinner. Get to know him before you judge him ."

I have to say , my mom had a great idea and a very good point. But isn't it too soon to do that yet ? I mean , we did just meet ?

"Fine . But one wrong move and he's out." Dad said defeated as mom and I shared the same smile.

It's good . We're good . What can go wrong right ?

"Okay , so I still have some homework to finish before dinner so I think I'm going to head upstairs. " I said , grabbing my bag.

"Okay sweetie. "Mom says as I ascend up the stairs.

*****
I couldn't concentrate .

I couldn't think.

Is this normal?

Is this a normal thing every human goes trough ?

I just had to send him a text. Just one. That's all.

What would I say ?

Hey um it's the girl who bumped into you - no delete.

"Hey it's me. The one you gave your number too- that's not it. Delete.