65

Surprisingly Asmodeus found a variety of things to do over the period of a month. She looked at maps, spoke to scholars, danced, ate, slept and a variety of other things. Her followers were slightly fed up with her demeanor, because who wouldn't?

It was natural that Asmodeus would feel like a child in a world that she only saw. Never did she experience the taste, touch, smell or hear the world. She floated in an abyss of nothing. Recreating from her memories various frozen sceneries of her past.

But nothing is like reality to her. Nothing was frozen or could stand the test of time in her mind. It was refreshing for her. Much to the demons dismay, they said nothing about their Queen's childlike attitude because they never would be able to understand.

-"Oh Laohu, this is truly magical. Once we rule, we must keep the good of humanity safe in order to share this with our culture. Surely you must agree?"

-" Of course my dear, anything for you."

Asmodeus hugged and kissed Laohu passionately under the safety of a willow tree. Together the couple sat quietly admiring the beautiful landscape of the seaside. Asmodeus leaned her head on his shoulder as she drifted off to sleep. In her dreams Mingxia Jie could see Asmodeus' past. As much as the Queen would have preferred to have hidden it, she knew that keeping up a strong enough mental barrier was taxing on her. So she shrugged her shoulders and let it be.

----------Asmodeus' past-------------

In her memories Asmodeus' looked down at her small hands with the tattoos as she felt the cool breeze sweep over her lifting up her hair and refreshing her soul. Sitting under the tree she wore a grey dress that highlighted her pale skin and black tattoos. She eyes fell on a man who came rushing up to her in his black robes up to her with a mixture of worry and relief. This man was Laohu, the love of her life.

-"Asmodeus! You scamp the Queen has been looking for you. Your coronation is tomorrow. Must you be like this?"

-"But of course Laohu. If mother thinks that coronation is the best thing for me, then I will let it happen. Now let us go see her."

The couple ran over to the Queen to see what had happened. But the news was not welcoming. When they arrived, they saw that Asmodeus' mother was crying. She was a beautiful, strong, passionate woman that had raised her people up from the ground after the gods had banished them from the human plane. She had dark ink black hair that cascaded down her shoulders and a gorgeous white robe that was stained black by demon blood. Her once calm red eyes, now grieving and bloodshot from crying over the loss of her dearly beloved. She could no longer think sanely as the heavy crown slid from her head and crashed to the ground. From then, Asmodeus' mother was never the same.

The memories blurred as another moment came into play. A cold Asmodeus' ruled over her kingdom as they slowly started to make a pathway to the human plane. Asmodeus' was cruel in her motivation to take over the human plane. When she learned a god had killed her mother's lover. Her hate started to brew. A hate that festered into a need to take over the human plane to be one step closer to victory.

Everything blurred once more. Asmodeus' watched as the first demon passed through the rip with little issue. More started to pour out as they started to subtly make ruckus on the human plane. Finally after centuries of waiting it was her turn to cross over. She succeeded as she looked up at the bright sun and felt pain. Tears flowed down her face as she rejoiced.

Another 300 years past before she could remotely get close to the heavens. Every night for the last three centuries she would reach for the stars and crush them in her palm. 

-"Mother, this daughter will surely get revenge for you."

Asmodeus' watched as the demons occupied an island and started to feast slowly on human souls. The delicacy was well deserved amongst demons as slowly they started to leave the island and feast on human souls elsewhere.

Finally the day that Asmodeus had wished for, had arrived. The gods had sent down other gods to assure that everything was alright with their precious humans. The gods looked high and low, but found nothing remotely suspicious. This made Asmodeus elated as they left.

She started to ensure more takeover as another century past. The gods once more sent down others to check why the humans were not worshipping them. What they found was that they now worshipped Asmodeus. The power of the gods weakened with no one to worship them.

A few devout worshippers of the gods continued, but it was not enough to sustain their life force.  Slowly the gods started to fall from grace as Asmodeus' rode higher into the heavens. She was at the doors of heaven, ready for ascension when everything crumbled in front of her.

The gods had showed the humans what the demons had done, this incited outrage across the plane as they hunted her people, destroyed their hard work. War quickly broke out as they fought each to protect their own. She was so close, her fingers touched the gate of heaven as the gods surrounded her. Sneering she took up her weapons. A small sword and a black whip and fought against the gods.

But with her diminishing power, the battle waged on for too long. Slowly she started to lose her power, and with that the beginning of her downfall. All her painstaking hard work was crushed in a matter of decades as her people were forced to hide back out on the island. Asmodeus' herself was on the brink of death as well.

Having killed her fair share of gods, she was recognized as a god-killer and was a threat to the heavens. The jade Emperor himself came down to crush Asmodeus' soul. But the woman would not simply bow down without having taken what she wanted. With her whip she cut the jade Emperor and had pierced the heart of the God that had killed her mother's love. A vengeful smile reigned on her face as she died.

But her soul did not plan to lose the right either. She ran as far as she could and jumped into the soul of a human. But the child had demon characteristics which had the parents kill the child. She continued hoping through souls of newborns in order to tame her own soul and grow in strength from the souls of the new born.

Finally she later latched onto Mingxia Jie's soul from a past life. Here she was able to feed off the death, violence and extreme emotions off of Mingxia Jie's previous lives and had fused them to some extent in order to support herself.

-----------------------------------------

Everything was black again in front of Mingxia Jie. She felt the anger that Asmodeus' felt towards the gods and did not find anything inherently wrong with Asmodeus' views of gods. Then again she had always been influenced by Asmodeus indirectly.

Asmodeus' opened her eyes, a sad light fliltering through the darkness. Today was finally the day of the festival. And Laohu had gotten them aboard the ship to meet her people. Excitement ran through her mind as she prepared for the evening. The party of misfits had packed the essentials and had donned extravagant robes for their return.

The robes were a light material that shimmered in the light and the gauzy material showed the outline of their flesh. Over top they placed their wide brimmed hats and dark cloaks over top while waiting for their Queen. Looking at the top of the staircase Asmodeus stood waiting as her subordinates bowed to her. Smiling to herself she gracefully flew down the steps and walked out into the light. For the journey back to the heavens would certainly be a long one.