Back Together ~ Zane

Your eyes blinked open and you shut them quickly, blinded by bright light. Once your eyes adjusted to the light, you opened them to be met with white walls and a room that was definitely not your own.

As you sat up in bed, a sharp pain shot through your body and you realized there were bandages wrapped around your torso.

You wanted to stretch to get all the knots out of your back but resisted the very tempting urge and instead called for a nurse.

She and a doctor came in, asking you some basic questions and taking a few tests before the doctor left and the nurse was left.

She set a tray of food next to you and helped you sit up.

"You're boyfriend just came in to visit you, would you like me to send him in?"

You're brows furrowed, "Boyfriend? I don't have one."

She frowned, "Aren't you dating the ice ninja?"

Your eyes widened, "Um, send him in, please."

She nodded, sending you a brief smile and you waited for a while before Zane stepped in, a bouquet of flowers in his hand and he handed them to you, sitting beside your bed.

"Are you alright? When I heard you were admitted into the hospital, I got really worried."

"That's kind of what happens when you get kidnapped and beaten up." You commented cautiously, discreetly scooting away from him.

"You were kidnapped? By who?"

Your eyes widened and you gaped at him in disbelief when he asked you if you didn't remember.

"You don't remember?"

Zane looked incredibly confused and you scoffed, mildly offended, "How could I know, (Y/N)?"

"Because you were the one who saw it all happen!"

His eyes widened, "(Y/N), stop joking around. You're probably delusional from the attack."

You scoffed again, "I am not delusional! It was you!—"

"It couldn't ha—"

"You watched your psychotic girlfriend P.I.X.A.L beat me into a pulp while you did nothing!"

"STOP!"

He took a shaky breath before meeting your eyes, "It couldn't have been me, (Y/N), I just returned from my trip today."

Your eyes widened, "Your trip took so long?"

He blinked in confusion, shaking his head, "It's only been a week."

"Zane, it's been four months since you told me that you were leaving for your trip."

He froze. (Get it?)

"W-What? That can't be."

"It is. You returned 4 months ago and told me you were breaking up with me to get back together with P.I.X.A.L. Then when I found out about some devious plot you both were planning, you kidnapped me and kept me captive—"

"I couldn't—"

"You did," You answered firmly, "You're lucky you don't remember it." You whispered, feeling your ribs throb in pain.

Zane sitting beside you began quivering painfully, sniffling lightly, "I coul—I'm sorry."

"You didn't know." You whispered, "Maybe it wasn't you, and because of that I'll forgive you. If you don't remember these four months, I'll believe you. Whatever happened in the past few months, you didn't do, I'll believe that."

He nodded, hiding his face from you, "I shouldn't have come, I'm really sorry." He said, getting up to move away from you but you shot up and grabbed his wrist before he could.

"No!"

Pain rushed through you and you began seeing spots in your vision. 'I shouldn't have gotten up so quickly' you thought, panting.

Zane gently placed his palm right at your ribs and when you thought you would feel pain, you felt relief. The pain began to subside into a dull ache and you spared Zane a small smile, "Thank you."

He nodded solemnly, "It's the least I could do. I should go now." He muttered, moving away from you.

"Zane?"

He turned around to face you with a slightly ashamed look. 

"I told you that everything you don't remember didn't happen," you bit your lip thoughtfully, contemplating your next words carefully, "That, includes our break up."

Realizing what your words meant, Zane tried to protest, "I fell for you, Zane," you said after a minute of thought, "If who you were wasn't you, then I know that I still like you, the real you."

After a second, Zane pressed a kiss to your forehead, before leaving, "I'll find out who did this to you. For us."

Ummm......hey?

hey?

Um....sorry?

You all are just like: