Chapter 19 - Information

Sang

"Tell me," I say.

Ace sighed before replying, "We recently rented one of our warehouses out to an unknown person. This warehouse is known to the cops, so we no longer use it. This guy, my men told me never showed his face and was always in the shadows. I know that his business isn't legal and has something to do with kidnapping. We have no more information about him to preserve our plausible deniability."

Owen takes control, "Have your men checked it, yet?"

Chloe chirps, "We can't check."

Silas frowns, "Why?"

I explain, "When Ace rented the property to this man, it came with the promise that he would stay out of his affairs as long as no one bothered him. Ace didn't give him protection, but he is not going digging into the mystery man's stuff. He cannot, but I am his wild card. I am well-known in this world for having the protection of several mafias and gangs. This prevents anyone from killing me. I am myself and if someone messed with my kids, they know I will rais holy hell on them."

Sean asks, "So we will go, then?"

I shake my head, "I will go, you guys are too liable to be killed. It will be a quick recon mission and I will come back. If my kids and Volto are there, then we can storm the place. My kids are Ace's and Ryder's heirs for right now until they find someone more suitable. If someone touched them, they are declaring war to the Chicago mafia and the man who controls L.A. You can intervene then."

North grunts, "No, we will come."

Chloe steps in front of him, "Big brute, you aren't fit for spying at all. You'll get her caught."

North glares at her, but Luke speaks up, "But I can come with. I am the best in the business."

I ignore them and turn to face Ace, "Can you keep them here until I come back? Do everything, but kill them or permanently injure them to keep them here. No one can intervene. Call your men back and send messages to your searching allies to not get me killed."

Nathan, "Hey, you can't do this."

I walk out as Ace smirks at them, "She just gave me full permission to keep you here with most means necessary."

I cringe a little when the door closes. I hope Ace is up to the task. He has never gone against Academy trained fathers who desperately want to go back to their kids. Good luck! I think it is even odds because Ace cannot use lethal force.

Chloe joins me at my motorcycle, "Be safe."

I smirk, "When am I not."

She rolls her eyes, "All the time, but I am serious, stay alive and come back."

I straddle my motorcycle, "Even if I don't, you guys will avenge me."

Chloe hugs me, "You better be alive or I'll follow you to Hell just to whoop your ass."

I pull away from the hug, "Why do you think I am going to Hell?"

She gives me a look, "You have lied and killed people. If there is a Hell, that's where you're going."

I shrug, "Well, I already know I am going to Hell now. It's go big or go home."

I take off and Chloe yells behind me, "You better come home!"

I laugh as I zip down the streets in the middle of the night. How I missed this! The freedom, the feeling of invulnerability, the speed. I stopped street racing years ago, but now I think I might go back for a race or two. I would be fun, I haven't been at a club in forever too. Well, not for leisure reasons. I could do that too.