Chapter Twenty Five

I'm sensing a theme of Polaroids in the covers I'm receiving now, lol!! Thanks so much to ThoseWhoDont for another beautiful cover! One of my favorites :)

Chapters 25-26 were updated

His Game: Chapter Twenty Five

Joey and I weren't able to sleep in on the beach for long. We woke up early Sunday morning to someone hitting our tent, yelling intelligible mutterings at us, and even attempting to unzip it.

I was ready to fight some punk that thought it would be funny to wake us up at the crack of dawn, but when we opened the tent all of my arguments disappeared.

Turns out it was a cop and spending the night on the beach is illegal.

It didn't help that he unzipped the tent to see two naked teenagers covered by nothing but a thin blanket.

I don't know how we got away with only a warning and a scolding to never to do something 'so young and stupid' again. The only reason I can think of is that the officer was clearly young himself, so he must have done some of the same things only a few years ago.

It's Monday now, and I haven't seen Joey since I dropped her off at home. She left her Polaroid in my trailer, and I was going to drive over last night to give it back to her, but Belle needed help with homework and my mom had a late shift.

"So you're saying a cop saw your di-" Dino starts once I finish my story.

I cringe away from his words, "I said I was covered, didn't I?"

"The important question, though," Roger says, sending me a small smirk, "how was she?"

Normally, a question like that wouldn't bother me. If anything, I'd be expecting it and work up something to say to show them how great my time was.

But this is Joey, and they don't need any details about the night I shared with her.

I assume Roger saw something in my eyes, because he backs off only seconds later.

"Or, ya know, you don't need to tell us."

"What?" Dino exasperates, "Roger what are you saying, man? I want all of the horny details, a play by play-"

He's shut up by Roger smacking the back of his meaty head.

"Shut up, dude. This is Joey, not the other girls."

"All the more reason I want to know, bro. She's the hottest-"

Roger punches his arm, "Dude."

While the two of them argue, I glance down the hallway towards Joey's locker. But instead of seeing just her, I see some dude from the football team there with her.

I narrow my eyes at them, watching as he flirtatiously moves closer to Joey.

Um, that is not okay.

"What is Will doing at Joey's locker?" I ask lowly, referring to the jock standing dangerously close to her.

Dino and Roger snap out of their argument and follow my line of sight.

"I don't know, Calvetti. He probably realizes the month is up tomorrow," Dino says.

"Yeah, Will usually goes after the girls you drop. He likes to have his foot in the door and swoop in to be their knight in shining armor. It's his rouse, remember?" Roger adds on. "He got to Stephanie before we could."