Chapter Twenty Six

Beautiful cover by I_Didnt_Do_It___Thanks so much! I'm glad the Polaroid is showing through all of these covers :) I'm tempted to change the actual cover!

His Game: Chapter Twenty Six

"Beer me," I say as I slide into the seat next to Roger in Dino's basement.

It's been a while since I've come over here to chill with them; I've been spending all of my free time with Joey recently. Not that I'm complaining, but I can't ignore my best friends for a girl. No matter how much said girl is starting to mean to me.

"Did you order the pizza?" Dino asks, grabbing me a beer from the fridge.

"Yeah," I say, cracking the can open.

I guess you could say I'm cracking open a cold one with the boys.

Per usual, we all throw whatever cash we have into a pile in the middle of the bar to see if we have enough. Roger pulls his wallet out and tosses a five and a few ones, Dino tosses in a wad of ones, and I reach into mine to pull out my five-dollar bill to toss into our pile.

However, as I pull the five-dollar bill out, the Polaroid of me and Joey at the lake goes flying into the pile with it. I casually reach for it so that I can put it back in its place among my gift-cards, but before I get my fingers on it, Dino snatches it.

"What's this, Calvetti?" He teases, smirking at me as Roger leans across the bar to look at it with him.

"Keeping secret pictures with the girl, eh?" Roger snickers. "How romantic."

I mutter a few curse words under my breath and try to take it from them, but Dino holds it away from me.

"I've never seen you smile so big, dude," he laughs. "You look like a dumb-ass."

I roll my eyes, "At least I don't look like you, jackass."

"Is that a...meadow behind you two?" Roger questions. "Oh wow, dude. This is movie-worthy," he bellows out a laugh.

I scowl at the two of them, "It's not that big a deal. Just a picture."

"Oh, just a picture?" Dino asks, sending a look to Roger. "So you's wouldn't mind if I..." he trails off, going to attempt to rip the Polaroid in half.

I wouldn't be worried about anyone ripping it in half since it's a Polaroid and the material is rather strong. But for someone so small, Dino is gifted in the muscles department.

I narrow my eyes at him and lunge across the table for it, "Give it back, dude," I grunt as he steps back.

"I thought it was just a picture?" Roger and him snicker at me.

I somehow end up wrestling on the floor with Dino to try and get it back, and despite him being stronger, I come out victorious and snatch the Polaroid from his chubby fingers.

I send them a glare and go back to my seat at the bar, placing the picture back safely into my wallet.

"Christ, dude. Didn't know a little picture could create such a fight in you," Dino laughs as he stands up.

I keep my mouth shut and shove my wallet back into my pocket. "Shut up."

"Where is the lovely lady, anyways?" Roger asks, "Why aren't you with her right now?"

"I wanted to come chill with the two of you," I say.

They stare at me expectantly, because apparently wanting to hang with them isn't enough. But...they aren't wrong.