14. Geminio.

The goblin steps from the depths of the speakeasy. He's adorned in classic business attire, like a common mafia boss. A cigar rests between his lips. He recognizes two of the officers as he eyes the new faces among them. He takes a seat at Esther's table. His confidence is obvious by the way he carries himself, making his dominance known. A drink is handed to him by a house elf the moment he sits down.  His curled over fingers grip the glass.

"So, you're the guy with the case full of monster, eh?" The mobster asks.

"Oh, news travels fast I suppose. I was wondering if you could tell me if you've seen any sightings- or tracks. Possibly some form of beast." Newt explains.

As the wizard speaks, the goblin gulps down his drink and a document takes its place of the glass for him to sign.

"You got a big price tag on your name, Mr.Scamander. Why should I help ya, instead of turnin' you in?" The goblin asks, passing the document back.

Esther clears her throat, to interject the men.

"Gnarlack, sir. It would be a great honor if you could help me and my accomplice on finding this creature." Her voice is clear and smooth as she speaks to him with respect.

The goblin raises his brow at the witch for her boldness. Since she's worked with him in the past, he lets her comment slide.

"I take it you'll want something worth you're while?" The wizard chimes in.

"Consider it as a cover charge." The goblin wages.

With haste, Newt fumbles through his pockets and a couple of coins clatter on the table that he slides in the direction of the goblin. Gnarlack doesn't bother to look at them.

"Huh, MACUSA's offerin' more than that." He scoffs.

A beat.

Newt's mind races on various objects in his coat that could interest the mobster. A metal scope slides out from his pocket and he lays it on the table.

"Lunascope? I got five." He scoffs.

The wizard rummages through his pockets again, desperate for something to appease the goblin.

  Esther's hand slides into her pocket to retrieve her wand, but something pricks her finger. She jumped in her seat, growing embarrassed as both men glare at her. Her eyes stare at the table, slowly revealing shards of silver from the occamy egg from days ago.

The goblins eyes shimmer, interested.

"Is that silver from an Occamy egg? Are you holdin' out on me, Red?" He accuses the witch.

She shakes her head profusely. "Oh, no sir. You see it was from a raid I investigated a couple of days ago." She denies, speaking fast to cover her tail.

His eyes veer to the wizard at just the right time. The antenna's from Pickett's head peek out of his breast pocket. The mobster's eyes narrow further inspecting the curious creature.

"Wait a minute- that's a bowtruckle, right?" He presses.

Pickett quickly hides deeper into his owners pocket as Newt covers it with his hand. He shakes his head.

"No."

Esther assumes what will happen next. Her wand is brandished underneath the table.

"Ah, come on. That's a bowtruckle. They pick locks. Am I right?" He insists looking at Esther to confirm his assumption.

She slowly nods her head yes.

  "You're not having him." Newt refuses.

  Gnarlack steps from the table, displeased. "Well, good luck gettin' back alive, Mr.Scamander, with all of MACUSA against yer back." He says turning away from them.