HALLOWEEN

Chapter 2: Halloween

The morning of Halloween had come, and Tee was sat on the table counter, a warm cup of hot chocolate in her hands as Hopper made French toast for breakfast.

He looked over at Tee, who was staring at the wall in front of her, thinking to herself as she sipped her hot chocolate.

"That stuff's bad for you, you know," Hopper says to her, snapping her out of her daydream.

Tee rolled her eyes as she looked away from the wall and down to her lap before hearing something shuffle. She looked up and jumped at the sight of Eleven, who had a cloth over her head. Hopper, seeing Tee jump, looked round to see what she got temporarily scared by.

At the sight of Eleven covered in a sheet, he rolled his eyes, looking back at the French toast that was starting to burn, "Jesus." He muttered to himself.

"Ghost," Eleven spoke as Hopper turned off the hob and took the saucer off the heat.

"Yeah, I see that," Hopper muttered, tapping Tee's leg with his left hand as he passed her with the saucer in his right, so she'd go sit at the dining table.

"Halloween," Eleven spoke again, staring at Hopper as he put a piece of French toast onto each of the three plates Tee had laid out for them.

"H-Halloween?" Tee asked, "is that the holiday with the monsters? The o-one you told us about?" She asked Hopper. she had only stuttered twice, a great improvement from that time last year. Hopper had been teaching her how to not stutter - a lot of it came with having to have confidence, but a lot was just teaching her to talk slower and think about what she was saying.

"Yeah," Hopper nodded at Tee as she sat down in her seat. She was on the end of the table, "But right now, it's breakfast, okay? Come on, let's eat." He says, sitting down himself.

Eleven stared at the two as they drank from their cups, looking like father and daughter, "They wouldn't see me," El argues.

"Who wouldn't s-see you?" Tee asked El, turning round slightly in her seat so she could see El.

"The bad men," El explains to the girl. Tee looks at her confused, but brushes it off as Hoppers eyebrows furrowed.

"Want a drink?" Tee asks, noticing how El was eyeing hers, El nods, "water?" She nods again and Tee gets up.

"What are you talking about?" Hopper then asked, confused about El's earlier statement.