⚫Chapter 45⚫

"Nathan, just hear me out ok? I understand Celestia just had a vision. We all witnessed it. But that doesn't mean anything. What if her vision was interrupted by her water breaking? Just please, have a little hope."

"It's hard Leilani. We only know so much about Roman and so much about this place. What if one of us dies?"

I shook my head. "No, no one is going to die. I would never allow it," I stated. That thought never even crossed my mind.

"You're right. I'm sorry for overreacting. Let's go back inside.

-

Watching both Celestia cradle the baby while Adamus had his arms around her made me emotional. It was beautiful. Seeing their faces glow as they admired their creation.

"I want a baby," Nathan sighed.

"Did he really just say that?" Jasper asked.

I chuckled while staring at Nathan. "One day you will have many cute babies with your mate."

"That's if she's even out there," he sighed. "She is. She's just taking her sweet time."

-

Saturday, December 22

The next morning, we were off. We had only two more days before we needed to get back to Regnum Aqua. After saying our goodbyes to Adamus, Celestia, and baby Gaia we travelled back to the portal. "What do you think Regnum Caeli will look like?" I asked the boys.

N- No idea. Maybe it'll be very windy.

And boy was Nathan right. After entering the portal, we landed on what seemed like a very tall cliff. Because it was still dark, we decided to wait until morning so it would be easier to find the castle. I woke up later in the morning with a smile on my face.

"Guys, wake up. Let's go."

It was very light outside. I looked up to be greeted by a thick fog. "I can't see anything," I complained. After waiting for a bit, the fog finally lifted revealing a beautiful view of Regnum Caeli.

"Oh my..." Every kingdom we went to amazed me. They were all so unique and fascinating in their own way. Regnum Caeli floated in the sky with clouds surrounding it. It was quite far from where we were which concerned me.

J- It's beautiful.

E- It is, but how the heck are we going to get there?

I started looking around hoping that a bridge would pop out of nowhere. "No idea."

All of a sudden, Milo started moving backwards very slowly. "What are you doing?" I asked him. Then he started running towards the edge of the cliff and jumped off. "Milo!" I screamed in terror. I rushed over towards the edge of the cliff and looked down. I saw that he hadn't disappeared, but was rather standing on a cloud.

"H-How?" I asked as he elevated up causing us to get a better view of him.

N- I just figured that we could probably stand on clouds because this kingdom is full of them and it is Regnum Caeli.

"But, if that wasn't the case then what would've happened?" I asked him feeling very upset that he would do such a thing.

N- I probably would've died.

J- How is he just saying that casually?

"Milo you cannot just do that," I stated.

N- Shouldn't you be thanking me? Who knows? If I didn't jump we've would've been standing on that cliff for hours.

I rolled my eyes and decided it was best for me to just ignore him.

N- Don't be mad.

"Let's just get on a damn cloud," I stated to Estevao and Gray.

N- We can share a cloud, Leilani.

I turned to look at Gray. "Let's find a cloud big enough for both of us."

N- Is she really mad at me?

After Gray and I managed to jump onto a cloud it was time for us to figure how to get closer to Regnum Caeli.

J- Are we supposed to jump from cloud to cloud like the Garden of Lilies in Regnum Aqua?

"Hmm, I don't think so. It's not like there's water underneath us. We don't even know if there's a ground," I said while looking down. "Wait. What if they move?"

N- Do we talk to them?

J- Are you serious? Why would we talk to the clouds?

N- You never know. Hey, cloud? Can you and your friends take me and my friends over there?

"This is ridiculous. These clouds are not-" Unexpectedly, our cloud started moving. "Alive." They began to travel through the hot air and towards the floating Kingdom.

"I hate it when he's right," I said to Gray.

J- I can't believe your ideas are actually working.

N- You're one to talk. You have the worst sense of direction.

E- Will you two shut up?

Once we finally made it to land, we leaped off the clouds. Milo thanked them as we stood there watching him communicate with clouds.

J- Can't wait to tell the others that Nathan talks to clouds.

"Let's go." We began to journey through the village. We had no clue where we were going. People stared at us weirdly as they whispered amongst themselves. "I'll just ask someone to direct us."

I looked around until I spotted a girl. She was radiant. Her copper skin glistened under the sun.

"Hi, uh sorry to disturb you

"Hi, uh sorry to disturb you. I'm Leilani and I came here with my friends. We come from earth but are currently visiting Regnum Aqua. We have to deliver very important information. If you could please direct us to your Alpha, that would be great."

"Sure. Follow me," she responded.

We followed the woman through the village until we made it in front of the castle. She then turned around to face us again.

"So, what's up?"

"Yeah, we need to speak with your Alpha. Is he around?" Nathan asked her.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Nephele," she said before sticking out her hand. I hesitantly shook it back.

"I am the Alpha of Regnum Caeli."