Chapter 23

That night the girls had slept restlessly. Avni cried herself to sleep as she was thinking about her past and her mother while Riya was trying to console her and was upset herself as she kept thinking of Nani unfair behaviour towards Avni. 

Riya in mind: Dear god please take care of my sister. I cannot see her in this state at all. She doesn't deserve all this.

Avni in mind: Dear maa, why did you leave me? Why did you leave Aman and your mother. Don't you realize how much we need you hear. I just want a hug from you and your comfort.

Nanu in mind: Dear god, I heard that you send angels to wipe off the tears of the ones suffering. Please send someone to wipe the tears off. I cannot see Riya and Avni crying. Please give them support and someone to wipe their tears and to give them strength. My heart tells me that you have sent them but please make sure that they do their work. Please. 

The next morning at the breakfast table. 

Nanu: Riya, Avni what are the plans for today.

Avni: Me and Neil have to go for investigation. Today we need to find out the factory of Mehta industries and do some research

Nani sipping her tea: Aren't you spending too much time with Neil

Nanu: Meena!

Avni: Areh nani, I can't help if a baboon is my co-investigator. I tell him that I will do alone but he always follows me, no matter what. So I am forced to have along side me.

Nanu: Are you still going to call him a baboon? He has helped you a lot did he not?

Avni nodded: I agree with that Nanu. Though he acts like a baboon, he's not bad at heart. He is definitely one of those rare honest officers. 

Nanu and Neela shared a michevious look. Avni noticed this.

 Avni: Maa! Nanu! Why are you sharing this look.

Neela: Areh Avni, this is the first time you are complimenting Neil.

Avni blushed a little before scowling to hide the blush: Maa! You know what I'm going. I can't handle this anymore so bye!

Neela laughed and smiled while Nanu chuckled and looked at Riya who was thinking of something. He signalled Riya to say something to Nani.

Riya: Nani, I am sorry for yelling at you yesterday. I realized that I shouldn't have talked to you in that manner. 

Nani: Good that you have realized. I can't believe you would yell at your own grandmother just for that girl. 

Riya fumed a little inside: Nani,  I just fought for what I thought was right. But everyone thinks different so I can't change someone's thinking. 

Nanu: Riya what are your plans?

Riya: I'm planning to make some dresses and work on some designs in the cafe. 

Nani: Why do you like going there so much

Riya: It's a place special to my heart. A place where I can enjoy and be myself.

Neela: DOn't forget about Ali

Riya immediately blushed.

Nani: Riya, I didn't know Ali had this effect on you.

Riya: Nani, Ali is my long lost bhukaad. He cared for me since I was young and he saved my life. If it weren't for him, then I might not be standing here.

Nani: Riya!

Riya: It's true. Anyway I have to leave.

She left while Nani sighed. Nanu noticed this and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.