*・ trust me ・*

"You've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love

"You've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love."

──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ────

Thea ran through the Academy halls trying to get to their meeting place as fast as possible, her long blonde ponytail swaying behind her with every step. Hargreeves had gotten intel from god-knows-who that there was going to be a bombing attempt on a monorail heading through town and that the Umbrella Academy was tasked with stopping it.

Why anybody felt kids were suited to stop a literal bomb-attack was beyond Thea. Adults are stupid like that.

She reached the foyer of the Academy, moving to stand beside Luther and Diego who were already waiting, masks covering their eyes and decked out in their black suits. Thea heard running footsteps and spied Klaus and Ben speeding toward them, and then a pop sounded from beside her and Thea turned her head to meet Five's wide grin.

"What are you so smug about?" she asked.

Five leant his arm on her shoulder, casually leaning against her, disregarding the fact he was out of order in the line and glanced at her twin and Ben. "I managed to get to you first, is all," he replied and gave her a wink.

Thea snorted at his remark and rolled her eyes, neither of them had put on their masks yet as Thea hated the scratchy material and would always leave it until last minute to wear it. "You three talk about me as if I'm a prize to be won," she shot back, narrowing her eyes at them all.

Ben looked down at his feet, his cheeks aflame while Klaus stuck his tongue out at her childishly. Five's grin seemed to grow smugger if such a thing were even possible. "I'll enjoy my prize then," he replied smartly but yelped when Thea smacked his arm at his comment, a glare on her face.

"Shut up, you're all gross. I knew Vanya was right, boys are weird," she muttered the last part under her breath.

Allison came rushing down the hallway, her curly hair framing her face as she panted from hurrying. Following behind her was Reginald Hargreeves and Vanya, both walking sedately, the smaller holding a notebook while Hargreeves held his regal cane beside him. All the children straightened at his appearance, and Five scurried back in line beside her twin, Allison making her way between Diego and Klaus.

Hargreeves stood imposingly in front of the children, his eyes hard and demanding. "Now, I have been given confidential and vital information regarding a planned bombing upon the central train heading towards the town centre. It will be the responsibility of the Umbrella Academy to stop this threat and successfully save the lives at risk. Do you all understand?"

The children all nodded seriously at his question, though a few shuffled nervously at the daunting task ahead of them. Thea wasn't too nervous, not because she was cocky. but simply because Hargreeves had raised them for this. She knew there was no other option and that any protests would be squashed immediately. She'd given up trying to speak her mind with her father and now simply went along with his plans, knowing he put them all in danger regardless.