Going Home

You stepped out of the car with Ciel and Alois in tow (they weren't too happy to be squished next to each other), wishing your mom goodbye. 

"You're gonna find the others inside?" She asked. You nodded as Ciel reached back into the vehicle and pulled out your dark blue cross body bag before handing it to you. 

"Yeah, don't worry. We'll see you later," you said before closing the door and walking into the school entrance. "Good thing I can pay at the front, huh? I remember last year we had to do it all online. But I didn't go, so it didn't affect me."

"Really? You can pay online?" Alois exclaimed in wonder. "You can do anything on the internet!"

"In good ways and bad ways," you sighed, fishing the money out of your purse and walking up to the girl sitting behind a white, foldable table and a small, open box. She perked up as you three walked over and handed her the money for three. 

"Thanks! Have a fun time," she said as you grabbed the two hybrids' hands and practically dragged them into the school.

Music was blasting from the corner of the dimly lit cafeteria, and half of the floor was cleared of tables to create a dance floor which students swamped. You noticed your friends talking happily at a table to the right, and rushed over. 

"Oh! (Y/n), have you heard from Austin?" Jack asked, looking up from her phone. "I'm getting worried..."

You shook your head, sitting down next to him. Ciel and Alois lunged for the seat next to you; Ciel, as the victor, crowned a somewhat smug look. 

"That's bad, I thought they'd like to come. Maybe they're too gay for this," Matt sighed, resting his face on his hand. Brianna crossed her arms with a small pout. 

"The music's shit. This was a horrible idea in the first place," she complained. The raven-haired boy raised an eyebrow.

"Is that all you're gonna complain about? Not the revealing shirts... or dresses..."

Brianna giggled. "Yeah, I guess that too." 

"Anyways, when did y'all arrive?" You asked. 

"Like, ten minutes ago I think," Brianna replied. "Nothing interesting happened. Well, Alanna and her buddies looked like they wanted to come up to us and kill us, but they didn't."

"How did we even become enemies," you wondered out loud. "Maybe we just needed the stereotypical bully or something."

You looked over at Ciel and Alois, who were watching the people on the dance floor with wide eyes. An idea came to your head, and you nudged Ciel. "Wanna dance?"

He jumped at the sudden contact, face flushing. "Dance?! No... that's idiotic. I would look like a fool."

"I hate to say this," Alois butted in, "but I agree with this bastard. These people already look like bloody morons anyways, and the music sucks!"

"Well, a little straightforward, but I wholeheartedly agree," you said with a smile. If you were just with your three friends, you probably wouldn't suggest to dance much less be at the dance. 

The two turned around, ready to engage in whatever conversation the others were having, and you joined them. Matt was showing Brianna memes on his phone (she kept tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear that fell out repeatedly) while Jack was looking at his phone with a small smirk on his face.

"Well, they're busy. Like I said, dances are boring. The best music comes on at, like, the last five minutes." 

"You're right as always," Alois said. "We should've just stayed home."