Chapter 1

I was suddenly woken up by my cousin, Melody, shaking me. I heard my beautiful baby girl crying in the background. Yes, I said baby girl. I gave birth to Rosalie Yvonne Jenkins on June 15. I gave her Ryder's last name because he is still her father even though he doesn't know about her.  It was a pretty big argument with my brain and me.

I shoot out of bed and realize that today I am moving back to my old town today. I am 17 now and starting Junior year this year. I know me in high school with a kid. I hope that most people in the school don't find out. I'm not ashamed of her or anything, I just don't want the attention. I snap out of my daze and go downstairs to see my aunt feeding Rose. I can't believe she is 5 months already, almost 6.

"Hey dear, how was your sleep?"

"Good, I guess, until Mel woke me up," I said giving her a fake glare and she starts laughing.

"Ma, Ma, Ma," Rose starts mumbling.

"Aww, Hi baby, did you miss mommy," She was the highlight of my life and I loved her with all my heart.

I feel bad that she doesn't know her dad, but I promised myself that I would tell her about him when she is older. I pick up a plate and start to eat the goodbye breakfast my aunt made for me. Eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and toast. The best breakfast there is. Rose is eating some eggs because they are soft enough for her to chew. I sat down at the table and started to eat my breakfast.

*TIME SKIP TO AROUND NOONISH*

My two best friends that I met at school suddenly burst through my bedroom door. I was playing on the floor with Rose. She just started to crawl so I am trying to pay more attention to her than I usually do. Everyone was so excited, we all got our phones out and started to take videos.

"Hey, bitch," said Johny. He is gay and the absolute best person to have around.

"No bad language around my baby."

"Oh yeah sorry."

"Hey, Beth," Lilly said.

Lilly is my other best friend. She is kind of shy. The completes opposite of Johny. I honestly don't know how we became friends, but we are the perfect group of friends.

"Hey, babe."

They suddenly wrap me in a hug and start crying. I won't lie, I let a few tears fall.

"We are going to miss you so much."

"I will miss you guys, too."

I'm not letting Rosie go to sleep yet because I want her to sleep on the way to mom and dads. I put her in a playpen and giver her some stuff animals and toys. I then pack most of our stuff there and most of her toys. I put it in the back of my car, preparing myself for the long ride. I have to drive there because I am not wasting money on a plane ticket.

I lay down on my bed and relax. I start to think about my brother and Ryder. I realize that Ryder will still be there when I go back. That kind of makes me nervous because he is probably still friends with my brother. He is probably at my house a lot. Rose has his eyes and my hair. I was glad that she had his eyes. I used to love Ryder's eyes, they are the prettiest shade of blue.

I don't realize that my eyes begin to close.

"Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit," I mutter to myself.

I woke up at 6. I wanted to leave the house by 3, so I could get to my house at an earlier time. I won't be there till around 10 now. Great. I go get Rose from my friends and Melody, saying thank you to them for watching her. They give me a final hug and I go to say goodbye to my Aunt.

"Goodbye, my dearest niece, " I start to tear up.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I load Rose up in the car, get my road trip snacks and drinks and start driving.

I stopped to get gas about 4 times. This trip is starting to get expensive.

In the last 30 minutes, Rosie starts to get fussy. 'Great' I thought. I turn the music down and hope that she goes back to sleep. I realize that she is probably hungry. I will feed her when I get home.

     I pulled into the driveway of my parents' house. Wow. It felt so weird being back. I decided that I will get the stuff out of the trunk tomorrow, or the guys can get it. I get Rose out of the back, thankfully she is sleeping. I quietly go to the door and put my key in the lock. I tiptoe up to my room. To my surprise, there is a crib in there. Again, best mom ever. Since she is sleeping I don't want to wake her up for food. I slowly set her down in her crib.

I go downstairs to get some water. Is it me or does everything seem louder at night, or when you are trying to be quiet. To my surprise I see my brother standing by the island.

"Matty?" I say

"Beth?"

"Hi, how are you?"

"Good, I haven't seen you since you said you were..." He cuts himself off. Was he seriously embarrassed to say pregnant?

"Since I was pregnant with Rosie."

"Rosie?"

"My daughter."

"I have a niece, " He said in utter awe.

"Yeah, she is pretty great."

"So are you going to tell me who the father is yet?" I can't deal with this right now. Why would he ask that?

"Matt, don't," I say sternly.

"Fine, not tonight but someday, you will tell me," I will tell him someday. Not soon though.

"I promise I will."

"Well, Goodnight, love you."

" You too."

I lay down in my bed and look at the fake stars on the ceiling. My eyes slowly close and I dream of a perfect world.