36. Stuck with me

I woke up to the feeling of warmth. It encompassed me in my comfy bed. I started to flutter my eyes open and when they finally opened I saw another person in my bed.

It didn't take long to remember the events of last night. Trevor had asked me to stay. I didn't know what that meant for us but I felt like it was a step in the right direction. The fact that he even showed up at my doorstep last night made me realize that despite our argument he still cared.

I felt him start to stir next to me. Instead of just waking up like I expected, his arms wrapped around me pulling me into him. I wanted to pull away and just get out of the bed because this was confusing me but instead I just let him hold me.

"Trevor," I said softly trying to see if he was awake or not.

His grip tightened and he pulled me even closer. At this point I was basically laying on top of him.

"Trevor." I said a little louder.

He left out a soft groan letting me know he heard me. I tried to wiggle out of his grasp but his grip didn't loosen.

"Trevor." I was speaking at normal volume now.

"Shhh, I'm trying to sleep." He whispered, his voice still husky from sleep.

"Well I'm not so let me go." I tried again to get out of his grasp but he still didn't budge.

I looked at his face just as his eyes fluttered open.

"Morning." He greeted.

"Morning." I smiled taking in his bed head.

Damn this boy still looked good with the just woken up look. I could only imagine how gross I looked right now. It was the thought that made me immediately feel the need to escape his gaze.

"Let me go I have to use the bathroom." I pushed against his chest trying to escape again.

This time he let go allowing me to climb off him and retreat out of my room. I walked into the bathroom to see the damage.

My hair was a mess, probably one of the worst bed heads I've had in awhile. That was just great, out of all the mornings it was this one that the world decided to make me look the worst ever. I tried to tame my hair but having no luck I threw it up in a bun. I quickly brushed my teeth and then went back into my room.

Trevor had gotten up and was sitting against my head board. His hair was sticking out in a million different directions but he somehow managed to still look incredible. I seriously didn't understand how that worked.

"Thank you." He said once I took a seat at the bottom of his feet.

"For what?" I asked.

"For letting me in yesterday. You didn't have to do that."

"I wouldn't have turned my back on you Trevor. I will never do that, no matter what. I'm here for you, remember that." I told him.

"My grandma died." He blurted out.

I wasn't the best at trying to comfort people. It was never my strong suit. Yeah I had lost people, my grandparents on my dads side died when I was young. I remembered how sad I was after each death but I was so young it was hard now to actually remember them before they died.

"You want to talk about it?" I questioned.

"She was sick for awhile, I think we all saw that she was getting worse but she was the only family my dad had left. You know no matter how ready you are for it, it's never easier." He sighed.

"Death is never easy." I agreed.

"You've dealt with it before?" He questioned.

"Yeah, both my grandparents died when I was younger." I nodded.

"How?"

"My grandma had cancer and my grandpa suffered from a stroke about a year after." I explained.

"Damn that must have been tough one right after the other."

"It was a long time ago."

"Does it get easier?" He asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Good." He muttered.

"You hungry?" I asked.

"Starving." Trevor nodded.

I pushed a plate of waffles towards him.

"Should I be worried?" He looked down at the food.

"No, I can actually semi cook unlike you." I teased.

Sitting here with him made me feel almost all the emotions. I was frustrated because I had so many things to say but no way to actually say them. I was happy to have him in my house again after everything that's gone down with us. And I was sad because the boy I cared about so much was going through something that was not easy.

"Ella can we talk about everything. I know it's probably not the right time but I can't spend any more time not knowing what the hell is happening to us. I care about you and I can't lose you." I could hear the emotion in his voice.

It's what made me feel like my heart was breaking. The last thing I wanted was for Trevor to get hurt.

"Trevor I'm here ok? Don't worry about losing me. We can talk about everything at a different time. You need to grieve and be with your family. I'll be here when your ready." I assured him.

"I'm sorry Ella I-,"

"Hey no don't apologize. You have nothing to be sorry for, this one was on me. I'm sorry for freaking out and overreacting. I had my own things I needed to deal with but I dealt with them and I don't want you to change who you are for me. You're a great guy Trevor and I'll be right by your side with anything you need." I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

I was not going to turn my back on him. I would be by his side whenever he needed me. We had a bump in the road but we would work things out. I knew things would be rocky for now but I had faith that once we talked about everything our relationship would only grow stronger.

"Can we put a break on this whole break thing? I think I need you right now."

The truth in his words stuck with me. He needed me and that's all he had to say for me to fully let him back in.

"Anything you need I'm there." I nodded.

And that was nothing but the truth. He was stuck with me.

A/n:

It's my birthday on Monday and I'm kinda excited. I am not a huge fan of birthdays and celebrating it but I'm going to the beac tomorrow with my family and I just love the beach. I seriously can't wait to be on the sand and getting my tan on.

I have started writing again for this book. I wrote three chapters in the past couple days and I am super proud of myself for that because I have been kinda stuck when it came to writing lately. I want to thank everyone who has commented nice things on my chapters and supported this story because it is really what helps me get through the periods of frustration. Just knowing that people are reading this story and enjoying it is what keeps me motivated to finish it.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote.

-cora Leigh