38. My worst nightmare

"Good morning beautiful." Trevor walked up to me and planted a quick kiss onto my lips before intertwining our fingers and walking beside me.

"Good morning to you too." I smiled.

Everything was so much better between us now. We just let the past go and we're able to come out that much stronger. My feelings for Trevor were only growing stronger and I could feel myself slowly falling for this boy.

"Are you free after school?" He asked me.

"I'm all yours Walker." I nodded.

"Good meet me by my car?" He questioned.

"We have our last class together."

We aways walked out together, I would be seriously worried if he forgot that.

"I know but I have to do something first."

What was he up to?

I walked into my English class with only one thing on my mind. What was Trevor planning for the end of the day? I would have time to try and get information at lunch after this class but I just needed to get through English first.

English was always a boring period. I didn't have any of my friends in my class and we spent most of our time doing independent work.

"Good afternoon class, today we will be doing peer reviews of the rough drafts you handed in last class. I'll be pairing you all up based on who I think will be most beneficial to help you with some of the issues I saw in your papers."

There was plenty of people in this class I didn't want to be paired with but there was one that was at the top of my list.

Holden.

I tried my best to ignore his presence everyday and I was lucky that he never seemed to try and talk to me. The mere fact that I had a class with him was always something that made me mad. I didn't want to be around him and see his face everyday so I tried my best to just ignore him and stay in my own world whenever I had to be around him. He would not get the best of me, I'd block him out until I could get away from him forever.

"I will be posting the list of the pairs on the front board so when it comes up read through and if you don't see your name raise your hand and I'll make sure I find you a partner." The teacher announced before pulling the list of names up onto the projector.

Part of me didn't want to read the list. I'd just pretend it didn't exist and just stay in my own little world where I didn't have to converse with anyone.

I gave into the assignment since I know I needed help with my essay and I didn't want to get a bad grade on my final paper. I read through the long list of names until I found mine. I was barely surprised with who was listed next to me. It was really just my luck.

"Hey Ella." I turned my head to see my worst nightmare.

Holden.

He was really standing right there. It had been awhile since I even acknowledged his presence.

"If you give me your paper I'll read through it and then write some comments down on what you could improve." I told him.

"We're getting right to it then." He looked at me like he wanted to say something else but chose not to.

"Here you can read mine." I pushed my paper towards him.

"You know it's been awhile since you've spoke to me. I missed your voice." He didn't even look at the paper I gave him nor did he make any move to give me his.

He was absolutely insufferable. Who the hell misses someone's voice? Like he really had no right to miss anything about me.

"Are you going to give me your paper so I can read it?" I gave him a stern look.

"I can give you my paper at the end of the period and you can give it back to me all marked up tomorrow. I know you'll have a lot to write down, you always have so much to say especially when it comes to me." He smiled when he said the last part.

I had nothing to say to him, absolutely nothing. I was moving on, I didn't care about him anymore. I just wish he would just disappear so I never have to see him again.

"I have nothing to say to you." I glared at him.

"You're still mad at me? Damn I thought you would have gotten over it by now."

He was really getting on my last nerve.

"I am not mad Holden, I just don't care. Can we just do the assignment?" I sighed.

I knew Holden has stubborn and he was going to get whatever he wanted no matter what. If he wanted to talk to me and not read the essay he would do that no matter how many times I asked him not to.

"What are you doing after school today?" He asked.

"I have plans." I told him.

"With that boyfriend of yours?" He questioned.

I raised my eyebrows at him. I didn't know where he was going with this.

"I'm happy for you Ella, I hope he treats you well." Holden smiled at me.

I felt strange, those were words I had never expected from Holden.

"Thank you."

"Would you be happy for me if I got a girlfriend?" He questioned.

"I'd probably feel bad for the girl for having to deal with you." I said truthfully.

"So you wouldn't be jealous?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

Was he out of his mind?

"No, I don't care about you Holden. I don't have feelings for you anymore." I tried to get it through his head.

"If that's what you need to tell yourself Ella." He said and grabbed my essay.

Thank god that was over and he was finally just going to do what the teacher told us to do.

"Ok class, that's the end. If you haven't finished you can take the drafts home and I will give you some more time tomorrow with your partners to finish up." The teacher announced.

Great, I'd have to deal with Holden for another day.

A/n:

My life has been kinda crazy lately. I had a job interview on Wednesday and I got the job, which is super exciting. Also I came out to my roommate yesterday and it went really well and things are like super great between us. I was so stressed about it but I really had no reason to be stressed.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and are excited for the next one. If you did enjoy this chapter please don't forget to comment and vote, it only motivates me more to upload and produce more chapters.

-cora Leigh