Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

Chapter 2 {DANIELLE}

DANIELLE

After about an hour of messing around in the ocean water with Sam, I started to get tired, and it was getting to be around 5:00 so I got out and sat in the sand wrapped in my warm towel.

"Remember that one time you swam super far out because Dad grounded you, and you said you wouldn't come back until he took it back?" Sam asked with a laugh, as he sat down next to me in the sand. "I miss him."

I turned my head to look at him and forced a small smile. "Me too, Sam, me too."

Our little talk was interrupted by the neighbor's porch door opening and closing. I didn't even have to look up to see who it was.

"Hey Nate!" Sam greeted as he walked over to him.

I tried to go back to just relaxing in the sand like I was before Sam came and sat by me but they didn't seem to want to let that happen.

"Come swim with us!" Sam called over to me.

"Yeah," Nate started with a taunting look on his face. "Come swim with us."

I rolled my eyes and jumped up from where I was sitting, marching back towards the house. They made a few remarks I could hardly hear before I made it inside and closed the door.

Jerks.

I don't understand why Nate can be nice to Sam but not to me. It doesn't even make sense. I don't even care though, he's an asshole.

After going inside not much happened other than the power going on and off a few times.

11 o'clock rolled around fairly quick. My mom and Sam were both in bed sleeping by now. But me? No. I'm a night owl. I'm usually up until about at least midnight every night. 

I scrolled through Instagram just a little longer until I finally decided I needed to go to sleep, and with much luck, I dosed off pretty quickly. 

I woke up in the night hoping it was daylight already but when I looked over at my clock it was only 2 am. I had only been sleeping for three hours. 

I wiped the sweat off my forehead that formed sometime in my sleep, probably because I had a bad dream, as usual. 

The lights were off and my curtains were both opened, which set me on edge a little because of my dream. I always forget to close them when I go to sleep. 

I got up and turned on my light then went to close my curtains. When I got to my window though, I saw that I wasn't the only one up at this hour. 

Nate Wood was sitting on his bed with his curtains wide open and his lights on, much like my bed room. Since when does he stay up this late? I was about to close my curtains and ignore that he was awake as well, but right as I was about to he looked up, locking eyes with me. 

I froze for a second, not really sure what to do in such an awkward moment. I then rolled my eyes and yanked the curtains closed without a single second thought. I hated him. 

With that, I laid back in bed and dozed back off to sleep.

The next morning my mom drove us to school, as usual. 

I was currently sitting in third period when the power went out. We all stopped for a moment and waited for it to kick back on but nothing happened. Was it finally out for good like Kasey said would happen? 

I glanced over at her from across the room and she smirked at me with an "I told you so" look on her face, making me laugh.

After about 30 minutes, the teachers decided it was time to dismiss us to go home.