Chapter 9

"I can try to stop it, all I likeHands down I've lost this fightThought I was strong, enough for youBut I just can't hide the truthSo I guess I'm going downI guess I'm going down, like this"

Hands down I've lost this fight
Thought I was strong, enough for you
But I just can't hide the truth
So I guess I'm going down
I guess I'm going down, like this"

"I can try to stop it, all I likeHands down I've lost this fightThought I was strong, enough for youBut I just can't hide the truthSo I guess I'm going downI guess I'm going down, like this"

Delilah's POV

Looking at myself one last time in my mirror, I sighed. Please.. please get through the day... 

I silently begged myself as it had been a few days since my kiss with Archer and since I've been to school, I haven't seen him in any of my recent classes... Not that I was secretly waiting for him in every class we share to see if he would notice me or talk to me about the other night... Yeah, definitely not waiting for him. I heard a knock at my door, and I turned to see Benjamin standing by the door. 

" Good morning Delilah... You missed breakfast this morning.. " I shrugged my shoulders. 

" Woke up a little late is all.. " I said, and he hummed.

" You've missed breakfast for the last two days in a row... I'm assuming you.. woke up late for those days too. " He said and I averted my eyes unconsciously as his gaze on me was starting to shift. 

He cleared his throat " Kimiko is waiting for you outside, your father told me to send his regards as he left for work early this morning and if you wish, you may bid your mother goodbye as well since she is downstairs with the twins. " I nodded my head and grabbed my things. My heels clicked as I walked to the door and past him. 

" Thank you, Benny. I'll see you later this afternoon. " I didn't hear him say anything, but he spoke to me before I went down the stair. 

" .. Think twice about what you're doing Delilah... dwell upon the reasoning if there may be a possibility that your father would approve or not.. " I stopped in my tracks abruptly, and my throat went dry. I looked over my shoulder to him as he still stood at the door of my room with a knowing look and he looked right through me. I gulped unnoticeably and spoke again.

" I'll see you this afternoon, Benjamin. " I turned away and walked down the stairs. Gosh! Is there anything that butler can not catch onto? It should be illegal that he knows so much and that his sources are always way too close to the situation!