Part 1 - The Call

I was driving home from my office day job when I got the call.

My phone started ringing and I could just hear it over the radio that was blaring, turned up loud. I switched off the radio and picked up the phone, seeing my agent's number.

"Hey Ty," I sang into the phone.

"Hey Billie. I have news." Tyler said.

"I hope it's good news, because if it's bad news I'll be sad." I said, laughing.

"I got you a spot as a backing singer in a band." She blurted out.

"What?!" I screamed.

"Billie. I found you a job. As a backup singer. In a band. Slow enough?" She laughed.

"Oh my god! Tyler! I'm so excited! What band is it?" I asked her.

"They're called The 1975." She replied.

"Haven't heard of them. Are they any good?" I asked.

"They're amazing. The drummer is freaking beautiful." She said.

"I'll search them up when I get home." I laughed.

"So it's a yes?" Tyler asked.

"I'll search them up on YouTube and stuff, I'll have you an answer by tomorrow." I replied.

"Okay babe. Remember, it's this or back to your day job. Night." Tyler sang. I smiled and hung up.

Tyler really was my best friend. We'd been friends since high school. I'd met her in a music class. She'd always wanted to be a manager-slash-producer. Yes, she is a girl. She suits her name - it's different.

Once I got home I pulled my little silver Suzuki Swift into the carpark. I locked my car before walking over to the elevator to get to my apartment. I pushed the third floor button and made my way to my small apartment.

"Honey, I'm home." I sang to my empty apartment.

I threw my handbag onto the couch and slipped off my shoes. I got changed into loose shorts and a tank top. I let my brown wavy hair out of its tight bun.

I sat down at my computer and searched up 'The 1975'.

After reading a fair bit about them and watching some interviews and songs of theirs, I'd decided I liked them. They seemed cool. They were intelligent, and their songs were really good. I decided to call Ty back straight away, instead of waiting until tomorrow.

"Hi Billie," she said.

"I want the job." I said.

"Yes! I knew you'd say yes! Yes, yes yes!" She exclaimed.

"Why are you so excited?" I asked, laughing.

"I needed an excuse to meet that beautiful drummer." She said.

I cracked up.

"You're such an idiot, Ty. Anyway yeah I'd love to be their backup singer. Will I be the only one?" I asked.

"They're looking for two backup singers. Hopefully you'll get in." She said.

"What? I thought you said you already got me the job?" I asked.

"Oh...did I? I-uh...I didn't tell you you had to go and audition?" She asked.

"No, you failed to mention that little detail." I said.

"Oh." She replied.

"It's alright. When's the audition?" I asked.

"In two days' time." She said.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Today's Wednesday. The audition is on Friday, at six. I'll come and pick you up from your apartment by five thirty. Look nice. Oh - and you have it sing one of their songs." She said, hanging up.

I looked at the time. It was nine o clock. I went and brushed my teeth before jumping into bed, exhausted.

Hope you liked the first chapter. Sorry it was so short. The next chapter is the audition! :)