25 Bad Boy Kisses

Chapter 25: 25 Bad Boy Kisses

I jumped out of my seat without another hesitation and wrapped my arms around Austin’s neck. He groaned before patting my back awkwardly. “I just woke up. Please don’t suffocate me Emilie.”

I laughed pulling back with a smile. I heard a grunt from behind me and then Jared said, “She’s never that happy to see me.”

Austin raised one of his eyebrows at his brother. “Really? I’m pretty sure from the way she was sucking your face, she does.”

I blushed scarlet while Jared smirked at me and winked.

“You guys really are brothers.” I rolled my eyes feeling my blush lessen.

“I mean we both did come out of my mom’s—“ I sent Jared a glare making it valid that he better not finish that sentence.

“Speaking of family, where is everyone?” Austin asked looking around the room as if they would magically appear from behind something.

“Shit! I have to call them!” Jared shot up from his seat and ran to the door before stopping. He faced us again and walked back to where Austin was laying in the bed. He pulled Austin into a hug and mumbled something in his ear. I looked away giving them some privacy, I only looked back when I heard the door close.

“Sweet.” I brought my eyes to Austin who had the blankets pulled down and his shirt pulled up. My eyes dropped to what he was poking and I gasped.

“Stop touching the wound!” I demanded moving over to him and slapping his hand away. I yanked his shirt back down and covered his lower half with the blankets again. “I don’t think you should be moving around too much either.”

“Yes mom.” He rolled his eyes letting his head fall back onto the pillows.

I frowned at him for his sarcastic attitude but didn’t comment. I was too happy that he was awake to even care if he was being snippy. Then a thought hit me. “I should probably tell the doctors, you woke up.” That should have been my first move.

“Wait.”

I froze and turned my head to see Austin pulling himself up into a sitting position. He patted the spot next to him and with reluctance I went and sat down. I really should have been getting the doctor.

Austin stared down at the blankets with a frown on his face. His eyebrows knitted together. For some reason, I found the act cute.

“For two years now, I have been open about my gayness.” He started off looking up at me quickly and then dropped his eyes back down to the blanket. 

I put my hand on top of his. “Austin, you don’t have too…”

“I knew since I was little that I was different.” He gulped. “I was always looking at guys instead of girls. I found it more appealing to have a guy kissing me, touching me then a girl. I thought I was cursed and it scared me. No one knew and I was too terrified to say anything because all my friends would make fun of homosexuals. I was trapped and I didn’t know what to do.”

His head picked up but he stared out the window and I saw his eyes glistening. “Once I hit thirteen, I knew I was gay. There was no denying it from myself but I couldn’t tell anyone. I thought my family would turn against me and my friends would also. It hurt to know that I was alone.”

I wrapped my fingers around his hand and squeezed it. Finally, his eyes meet mine and he lightly smiled at me. I returned it.

“When I was fourteen, I meet this guy. We started talking and then became friends. Before I knew it we were more than friends and I really liked him. He made me feel special and wanted. I never felt wanted before. He told me that he was openly gay and that if I really loved who I was, then I would be open too.”