Part 4 - Rehearsals

I got a text from Matty the day after the arcade at five.

Hey. We have a gig next week, rehearsal is basically everyday at five thirty until then.

We need to get you acquainted with the songs. :) x

I texted back with:

Okay cool. Where are the rehearsals? x

He replied quickly:

They're at my place, I'm coming over to pick you and Tyler up. x

I smiled. "Tyler," I called. "Yeah?" She replied.

"Matty's coming over to pick us up, we're going to rehearsals." I said. Tyler's eyes widened. "George will be there. I need to get ready!" She shouted.

"You are ready, just go as you are." I laughed.

Tyler nodded and just touched up her makeup. I looked down at what I was wearing. A black shirt, ripped skinny jeans and red converse. I redid my hair into a ponytail.

Ten minutes later, Matty was at my door, looking hot as ever.

"Hi." He said.

"Hey. Ready to go Ty?" I asked. She nodded nervously. I put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, Tyler, you know, he'll probably kill me if he finds out I told you, but, George really likes you." Matty said. Tyler blushed.

"He would not stop talking about you all week. And all last night. It's annoying." He laughed.

After we went down to the car park, Matty drove us to his house.

"Nice house," Tyler said.

I nodded.

It was. It was a big house, modern with clean lines. It was painted grey and had black metal window frames.

Industrial and almost futuristic.

Matty led us inside past a huge living room and kitchen, to a medium sized room with instruments, a computer and a whole heap of other music stuff.

"Nice." I said. Matty nodded and grinned.

"So you record stuff here? Write songs?" I asked. He nodded. "We actually record more stuff here than at the studio where the auditions were." Matty said.

"So the other guys are getting here soon?" Tyler said. Just as the words came out of her mouth, the doorbell rang through the house.

"That'll be the boys." Matty laughed.

Tyler bit her lip nervously.

"Why are you so nervous? You've already made out with him." I laughed. She sighed nervously, nodding.

Matty came in first, followed by George, Ross, then Adam. And Brittany.

She scowled at me when she entered the room, but quickly replaced it with a fake artificially-whitened smile.

"Hi Billie." The guys said at the same time. I laughed and greeted them all.

Brittany grumbled "Hey,"

Tyler smiled shyly at George and he grinned at her. He walked over and kissed her. Colour flushed Tyler's cheeks.

There were a couple of couches in the studio. I sat next to Tyler on a two seater. George sat in front of the computer but then moved to the drum kit for different songs. Ross and Adam were readying their guitars, standing up. There was a four seater couch that Brittany sat on next to Matty. Matty looked a little uncomfortable.