"25

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀INDISTINCTIVE CHATTER ZONED in and out as the silver Mercedes sped along the open streets

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀INDISTINCTIVE CHATTER ZONED in and out as the silver Mercedes sped along the open streets. Corners were packed of pedestrians, both sellers and buyers next to stands of various items from fruit stands and taco trucks to clothing popular amongst the culture of the country. Large families, single women and single men stood around as some of the children's heads turned to watch the car pass--some having smiles, others with straight faces. Amos soaked in every exchange that he'd catch onto. He'd never been out of Virginia besides to Atlanta recently, but overseas? Never. So, to be present in Monterrey, capital of the northeastern Mexican state of Nuevo León was a lot for one nigga out the gutter of the hood to take in at once. He kept his calm composure however, his interests nor being visible over his straight face and lingering eyes.

"Liking what'cha' seeing huh, homes?" Eron asked, a hefty chuckle leaving his mouth as he read through Amos' demeanor. Not uttering a word, Amos only let his eye glance over at the man then forward to peer out the windshield as one of the workers drove into a secluded alleyway, passing many abandoned, tanned, and broken foundation buildings. The car's roof avoided the low hanging cloth lines along the alley, some bystanders standing far out the way but not giving the vehicle a second look once it'd passed.

"Esperar a ver a las mujeres." The lighter male, who he'd learned later was named Carleo, said amused. His cheekbones hitched upward as his teeth gleamed in a half smile, licking over his thin lips. He rubbed his hand back over his shaved short haircut as Eron nodded, rubbing his meaty fists together. "He said wait until you see the women, the honeys." He translates for the American. Amos scoffed, thinking, I'm just trying to see the money.

The Mercedes' tires slowed into a familiar spot, the gear being pushed into park. The headlights clicked off as the driver pressed the start/stop button next to the steering wheel. He spoke in his mother tongue as the door locks chimed and all doors were open at once. Eron motioned his head to the side for Amos to follow them and exit the car. He closed the backseat door shut once his feet touched the concrete covered in small bits of gravel.

Carleo retrieved the suitcase from the trunk, tossing it into Amos hands before the huddle of men carried off inside the building through the backdoor. That wasn't before Eron and Carleo searched the perimeter of the area for any snoopers or nosey homeless folk- other than the normals. The foyer area they'd stepped through was dark, lighting in the outline of doors and seeping through sunlight being the only sources of light. Amos followed the body heat of the person in front of him, the guy who'd sat in the passenger seat of the luxury automobile. Soon enough, women would pass, one by one, all resembling each other with straight silk hair flowing from the follicles of their head down just past their shoulders, face caked with neat makeup, and skimpy outfits that fit to their naturally curvy frames. Eron smirked at some, not bothering to look behind at them as Amos kept his poker face on every second until he was sure it was safe to breath in this foreign place.

Spanish music almost inaudibly played in a room that only he, Eron and Carleo entered as the rest stayed in the doorway, shutting the blockage off once they were inside. Amos refused to get a glimpse of the closed door, not caring to express the smallest streak of fear. A man that sat on the couch with his back towards them planted his feet down onto the hardwood polished floors as he moved through the clouds of smoke his cigarillo had caused. He extended his arms outward as he spun on his heels, a smirk evident despite the thick stick that hung from his pink lips. His brown eyes sat low as he swiped across his slick, jet black straight hair that was combed backwards.