34: VIRTUAL REALITY (Part 1)

VIDEO above ..... the legendary Kay Kyser Orchestra/Harry Babbit 'gay' vocal version of HE WEARS A PAIR OF SILVER WINGS. The song was a monster hit during World War Two in its 'straight' pronoun versions, covered by many of the era's big bands and vocalist stars. There has been controversy over the recording since it first came out, and this male pronoun version is now included in several gay song compilation lists. The facts? This  version was not on the original Kyser/Babbit 78 rpm record released in 1943. On that one Babbit sings about a girl who adores the pilot, using the pronouns she and her, instead of I, me, my. You wouldn't know the difference if you weren't listening for the pronouns. This first-person male version is believed to be an alternate studio take that showed up years later after the war on album compilations and CDs, which is why it's the one you hear most often today on swing and jazz radio stations. They don't spin 78s! But, there are many people, especially aging gay WW2 vets, who swear they heard this gay version back during the wartime years on radio stations and jukeboxes around the world.

Brad faces his worst nightmare in the Cavern of Light!

"We hail you, mighty CrossKing Kyrri.
We hail you, hail you,
forever in your command!"

The humanoid Andromedan soldiers chanted on as they marched down the tunnel, the portable lights brightening the way as they headed farther into the City of Death underground to the destiny awaiting them in the cavern of light.

Kyrri led the way, his naked torso dripping with sweat, flanked on each side by a set of three of the biggest soldiers, their hands resting on the butts of their laser guns. A grim smile of determination set Kyrri's face into an expression of confident command that threatened danger and destruction to any adversary who might step in his path,

Behind him strode Brad, his expression just as determined and his laser gun still in hand. Saroh was at his side and Clint and Jimmy marched behind them, followed by Captain Redd and Yank, and Caruso and Rondin.

They were in turn followed by the nearly one hundred soldiers of human kanaka descent who stomped their boots as they marched and chanted, raising a kind of racket that had almost certainly never been heard in the sinister underground caves before.

Rondin kept turning around to look at them. The reality of so many beautiful men of his own kind in one place was boggling his mind. He was glad they were getting a rear view of him, hoping it would whet their appetite. As insatiable as he knew himself to be, he was nevertheless certain that this group of men would be 'enough'. Now all he had to do was plead his case that they take him home with them.

At the end of the formation were two soldiers guarding the still-bound, gagged, and cuffed Kee, whose eyes were wide with fear and wonder at all he had seen and experienced these last few hours. Behind them now, a lone soldier marched, carrying the gray metallic box which would be used to transport the dangerous chaos predator that they were certain to soon meet up with.