4 | Job Interview

Word Count: 865

( Your P.O.V. )

Before I go inside, I looked at my reflection from the glass building and took a deep breath, 'You can do this, bitch. Just relax and do your best.'

Today is the day of my job interview and I didn't expect the place to be big and tall, has fancy sculptures, colorful plants, fountains, large fields, and more. I guessed who owned this earned a great fortune. As I stepped in, cold air gently slapped my face and the atmosphere was relaxing, despite the busy people walking around and the flowery aroma just adding how calm it is.

I gulped at how the employees look so professional and wore expensive clothing, I did get the ones that look suitable enough for the job and I hope they won't judge me, first impressions are always important.

I soon realized that I was standing here like an idiot and fast-walk to the receptionist area and they are typing on their computer. I am close to the female receptionist when she turned her direction towards me and her face brightens, flashing a smile, "Oh! You must be (Y/N) (L/N), am I right?"

I stared at her in slight shock as to how she knew my name, but I decided to ignore it and nod my head, "Yes, ma'am. I am here for the job interview." I gave her a smile to hide my nervousness.

"Ah yes." She saw my name on the monitor and read that I am taking the helper position, "The interview starts at 30 minutes, but I suggest that you should arrive 5 minutes early, the assessor doesn't like interviewees who are late, he might even cancel the appointment!"

"Oh..." I slowly nodded in understanding, "Alright then, I will make sure."

She smiled, "Please proceed to the waiting area where you can buy food, drinks, materials, and supplies that you need. Good luck!"

•~•~₩~•~•

"Hmm..." The assessor hummed as he slowly circled me and eyed me up and down, "You answered my questions, you have the standards yet, there's the last thing you need to do."

Beads of sweat rolled down to my forehead and I wiped them off with my handkerchief. I straightened my posture, "What is it, sir?"

"Follow me." He walked past me and I follow him behind, heading to the elevator and pressing the 5th to the top floor, "I can see your determination to get this job, but I want to see how you do it." The doors opened and we left somewhere, "I will take you to a room where you will arrange the papers alphabetically, organize materials, sweep the floor, wipe the furniture, and bring black coffee with two sugars."

We both stopped in front of glass doors and the assessor opened it for me, "You better finish all of the tasks before the boss arrives." He turned and before he walks away, he said, "Don't worry about the boss, you'll see soon. ONLY if you get accepted, that is."

I sighed as I entered the room and gently closed it, 'Alright, I should sweep the floor first.'

•~•~₩~•~•

I drank my water as I sat down on a chair that is at the corner of the room and placed my things on the table. Oh my goodness, I really hope that I get accepted here as a helper in this place. I mean, I did the tasks properly and not only that, the food and drinks here are fucking free, even the materials! Not the supplies though, specific workers are the ones who are allowed to have them. I really want to buy chicken right now, but the line is too long so I wait for a while. While I wait, I can hear people whispering things about me.

Is she new here?

What kind of clothes is she wearing?

She looks pretty!

I just ignored it as I grabbed my half broken cellphone from my shoulder bag and texted Zendaya, hoping she's not busy.

Y: Hey!

Z: Sup! How was the interview?

Y: It was nerve-racking! I did my best to do the tasks but what if they don't take me? :(

Z: They will! Just relax. You can handle it. How is it there?

Y: It's actually big, fancy, and expensive! I wish you can come with me.

Zendaya didn't reply for a second, making me wonder but it was answered when she texted.

Z: Yo, (Y/N)! It's Harrison, I borrowed Zendaya's phone because mine is dead. How are you, toots?

I slightly blushed at the pet name he called me.

Y: I'm fine, Harri! How's it going there? I hope you don't get your hip hit again.

Z: Pfff! Of course, I'm a careful person! Lolz, a lot of people came actually and it's a good thing because they might like it here.

Y: That's good! I don't want to disturb you so I better be going, see you guys later.

Z: Bye, toots!

I smiled and closed it, missing my friends already and not realizing there's someone sitting across from me and their hand is inches away from mine. My eyes widened and quickly pulled my hand away from... Sebastian Stan?!