Chapter Thirty-five: The Light in the Darkness

*throws confetti* Happy Birthday, Fang! Sorry, I wasn't abke to make a drawing of you on your birthday. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow as a late birthday present. I do hope you'll enjoy the day.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It wasn't midnight, yet she already found him at their usual place.

"You did a great job, Atalanta."

Atalanta's breath hitched when she saw Void's from flickering in the darkness. She sat down beside him and fought back tears when her hand passed through his. She had grown to be attached to the psychotic dark elemental.

"Void..." The voice manipulator chocked on her words.

"Atalanta, listen to me," Void said before looking up, trying to keep his own tears from falling. "We'll meet each other again, okay? It may not be the same, but it's still you and I. Nothing's gonna change that."

Atalanta shook her head. "I-It's not only that, Void. I need your help."

"Then what is it? Atalanta, I'll do anything for you."

"Kill me."

~ ~ ~ ~

The glow on Dark's watch didn't disappear throughout the rest of the day. In fact, the glow intensified as the night went on. The others were confused, but Solar has a knowing smile on his face that no one noticed except for three specific people. However, they didn't comment on it.

At midnight, something strange happened.

Silver light erupted from Dark's watch which spread through his body. The blinding light aroused Fire awake, who, in turn, woke the others by his excited shout, including Dark himself.

"What's happening?" Dark asked, confused.

"No idea!" Fire said, to which Ice rolled his eyes. "It was just so amazing!"

Solar, on the other hand, was grinning. "Finally." He looked like a crazy person with his disheveled look and wild eyes. But hey, wouldn't you look the same if you fell asleep literally 5 minutes beforehand?

...I don't do that so I don't know.

"Solar? What's happening?" Earth asked the light elemental with a hint of smile on bis face, since he already had an idea on what's going on.

"He's evolving," Solar whispered in awe. "Into Lunar. The light in the darkness. It's new moon outside. I knew it! Haha!" He fist-bumped the air, which attacted weird looks from the ithers, but he didn't care.

...does that mean that he was fist bumping Wind? Cause Wind's powers include the air, right?

...don't mind me.

The othes looked excited at the prospect of Dark evolving, and Tanah was relieved. Sure, BoRaRa's still out there, but at least the threat of Void was removed. While the brothers were having positive reactions at the evolution (as well as their four other friends when they were informed later), one was sobbing at the loss of her best friend.

At exactly 12:01, the light subsided to reveal Lunar with all his glory. His eyes were glowing silver and his clothes are similar to Dark's in some ways, only with a long-sleeved vest and the xolors black and silver distributed evenly.

The glow of bis eyes subsided and he looked around him, smiling softly. "Hello. Good morning."

"Morning? But it's still dark outside," Thorn said, confused, which made the others laugh softly (bar Fire and Wind who were also confused.)

"Morning starts at 00:01 or 12:01 am, while afternoon starts at 12:01 or 12:01 pm," Solar explained to him (and the other two, by extension.)

Just then, Earth noticed Solar's tired look. "Sol, I think you should go back to sleep."

"It's okay. I'm not yet *yawns* tired."

Earth sent him a deadpan look and he relented, burrowing under his covers. In a few seconds, he was fast asleep.

Earth turned back to the newly-evolved elemental and smiled at him. "Welcome to the family, Lunar. Please do not take this as an insult, but it's an ungodly hour in the morning and we're all tired. We shall welcome you more properly in a few hours, after enough sleep."

"It's okay, Earth. I do understand. Go back to sleep, and I'll see you in a few hours."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Still in the balcony and fully aware of Lunar's appearance (Void, only a mere display of consciousness, disappeared at midnight just as he'd told her beforehand), Atalanta was staring at the midnight sky.

"Your promise, Void. Fulfill it."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm really sorry for the short chapter 😭. It's just hard for me to add more details on this part. Maybe after the revision, I will.

Remind me to make a drawing of Dark, Lunar, and Void tomorrow.