Chapter 10.

I take a much needed breath, before making my way down the stairs.

It's supper time and anything can happen.

Entering into the dining room, curious gazes once again are thrown my way, but I ignore them. I settle down on the only remaining seat left, which is on the other end of the table, opposite the alpha.

I don't know why I would be placed here, it just gives off too much attention, and I can't even imagine meeting his eyes every few minutes.

It will surely be torture indeed.

The alpha makes his presence known, his face blank as always.

Once he settles down, that's when I sense it, something is brewing inside of him. I don't know what it is, but he's doing all he can to suppress it.

I'm worried.

Soon, dinner is served and I have the urge to help the ladies.

" Alpha." I speak up, for the first time.

All heads snap in my direction, the alpha's being the first.

"Could I be excused for a moment? "

"Is there a problem?" He asks.

" No, I just need to assist at the kitchen." I tell him, looking only at him and no one else.

" Did they ask to be assisted?" He's challenging me, in front of everyone.

" Sometimes, one doesn't need to express that they need help, you simply know."

" And how do you know?" Something about his question irks something in me.

There's a double meaning behind his question, I can't seem to detect it, but I know he's asking for some type of reason.

" I just know. " My own intention drips off my answer.

" Alright then." He nods, releasing me.

I nod my thank you before leaving the table.

"Could I help you with anything?" I ask the ladies, who are looking so flustered at the moment.

" Oh, um, we are ----------"

" Just tell me what you need and I'm all yours." I tell them with a kind smile, showing them my intention.

"Are you sure?" The youngest omega asks, hope shining in her eyes.

" Yes, now shall we get started?" I ask, earning enthusiastic nods from everyone present in the kitchen.

It had been a long time since I'd been busy in the kitchen, doing something productive.

The ladies and I decide on making a simple, but delicious dessert, in this time I get to know the ladies more, their personalities shining through. The thought of tomorrow reminds me of my brother Ronan. We didn't leave things on a good note, and I don't know if he is still mad at me.

I still haven't forgotten how we left things, the promise in his eyes when I disobeyed him, and came along with alpha Mica.

I'll have to call him and see how his mood is like.

Tomorrow I leave, with no progress and with nothing, just like when I arrived here. The alpha wants nothing to do with me yet his wolf does, he's conflicted, and his only option is to drive me out of his life.

I could push, but then it would drive him further away from me. This would leave me with no other choice but to give him space, to leave him be, and only be hopeful, though the hope is slowly diminishing.