Chapter 35: Isabella's P.O.V

Tuesday.
I woke up with a banging headache and the feeling of an empty stomach. I pulled myself into a sitting position and felt my head spinning. I reached over to take the glass of water by my bedside table and then stopped to wonder how it got there.

I was sick because- because.... it came rushing back to me. School and Jason and Dad and throwing up and everything. I suddenly felt the urge to throw up again so I quickly pushed back my duvet and swung my legs over the edge of my bed. And then I threw up. All over my carpet. Great. Just fucking great.

A few minutes later, I was lying on the sofa while Felix went to see what a mess I had made. When he came back down, he pulled me into a hug and didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry." I traced on his back.

"It's okay, Bella." Felix sat next to me on the sofa.

"What do we do now? What do we do without Dad? I thought I was mad at him but I just miss him." I laid my head on my older brother's shoulder and sighed. He stiffened at the mention of Dad but I could tell he was trying to hide it.

"We carry on as normal. What has Dad actually done for you, the past week?" Felix replied. His words came out harsher than what he meant them to be, hopefully.

"I...er.... he hasn't." I held back a cry and rubbed my eyes to rid my newly forming tears. Felix was right. He's done nothing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that." He stood up and brushed himself off. "I'm going to wake the boys up, stay here and rest."

He left the room abruptly and I lay back down on the sofa and shut my eyes. My family really is falling apart.

Later that morning.
"NO! It's not fair, okay! Just stop it! I'm not a goddamn kid!!"

When Joseph woke up, he was still really mad. He wouldn't talk to anyone, and when Felix tried, he blew up, and now they've been arguing for the last 10 minutes.

"Just because I don't want to be involved with the mafia, it doesn't mean you don't tell me about my own father!!"

"That's not the reason Joseph!" Felix argued back.  

I had this feeling something bad was going to happen so I stepped forward and tried to pull them apart but Mason pulled me back and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Stay out of this Izzy." He whispered in my ear. I groaned silently and leant against him. I hate my family fighting.

"You know what, this is pointless." Joseph declared. "I'm going out." He walked over to the door and pulled his shoes on.

"Where are you going? You've got school." Felix asked quickly.

Joseph turned around and made a face at him. "Do I look like I give a fuck about school right now? Because I don't. I couldn't care less." And then he just left. God knows when he'll be home.

Felix stood still for a moment with his hands hanging helplessly by his side. He sighed heavily and ran his head through his hair.

———
Joseph stormed through the street, instantly regretting leaving. He pulled his phone out from his back pocket and clicked on the phone icon. He scrolled down until he reached Dylan's name. They had called and talked a lot since the first time they met, but had never seen each other again. Dylan didn't know about The Red Lions yet, and Joseph intended to keep it that way, unless they got serious. He didn't want to scare him off.

His phone gave out two shrill rings before Dylan answered. He stopped walking and put his other hand over his ear so he could hear better.
"Hi."

"Joseph?"

"Hi Dylan, can you meet up now?"

"This is random, but sure. Where?"

"Same place as last time?"

"Be there in 10."

Dylan hung up and Joseph tucked his phone back into his pocket, pulled his hoodie further over his body, and kept walking.

~~~

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K