Sign 2 Queer

It was a Sunday morning. Through her blue eyes, she could look at the blue lights in her phone, her pursed lips turned towards her phone screen and she shuddered. Her hands reached her closet and her fingers picked out her favourite lip gloss while the fingers on her right hand were busy typing on her phone. Classical music was playing softly on a stereo kept on her bed, sinking beneath her clothes that she had thrown on her bed that morning while deciding what to wear. She took her time applying her makeup and occasionally checked her phone. She curled her blonde hair with her styling brush and hairdryer.

She packed a water bottle and a pair of white dancing shoes into her designer bag. She checked her phone again and then gently prayed a little French perfume on her wrist. She wore a long, floral frock reaching her knees and long, chestnut boots. She perfected her mascara while looking into the mirror and drew a beauty mark right beside her mouth with an eyebrow pencil.

Her phone had been buzzing nonstop. Well, it had been the case for a long time now, nothing new for her. Her phone was always buzzing with a different guy every week. She checked her phone again,

"Finally, today are the finals,"
She rolled her eyes, "I literally have no interest to watch you surf. What a clingy dude," She looked at the beach through her window, "Let me make a loser happy before I end it,"
"Can you record yourself surf? I really really wanna see you surf!" She typed.
"Sure thing! I'll ask my mate to record me,"

"As if I wanna see your ugly face," She kept her phone into her bag and went downstairs. Her mom had prepared her some toast and vegemite. She ate her breakfast and looked into her phone, "I'm getting late. I'll go to the academy,"
"Sure," Her mother smiled. She walked out of her house and plugged in her earphones. She got on the train and looked into her phone. He had sent her his video already. She was bored. She deleted the video and typed, "I'll watch it later. I'll go have my breakfast,"

And then, she blocked him.

She kept her phone back in and got down at the next station. She walked on the pavement and looked around as the music filled her senses. A tall girl passed right beside and she turned back to look at her.
"What are you looking at?" She heard and looked ahead. It was her best friend, Elijah Anderson, a Finnish-Australian, blonde hair and brown eyes. Her hair was tied up in a bun.
"She was so pretty." She smiled.
"Girl," Elijah shook her head and dragged her away.

They entered the Blue Ballet academy building and walked towards the changing room. She opened her locker and kept her shoes inside it. She took out a pair of blue ballet shoes.
"Wow, you're gonna wear your mom's shoes today?" Elijah gasped.
"Yes," She smiled, "Aren't these gorgeous?"

"They are,"
She looked at that beautiful pair of shoes. They were ocean blue, just like her mother's eyes that she had inherited. Her dad told her that her mom was a ballerina and ever since then, ballet was everything to her. After all, it was the only thing that connected her to her mother and the only thing she had left behind for her were those blue shoes shining in all their glory even after thirty-two years. She wrapped them around her tiny feet and they fitted perfectly, shining on her white leggings.

Elijah looked at her and smiled, "These are your lucky shoes, aren't they?"
"I love them more than I'd ever love anyone,"
"Well, you shouldn't love materialistic things,"
"Well, if you look at it, aren't humans' a material too? The only difference is that my shoes wouldn't hurt me,"

"Humans are not objects...Oh yeah, how is it going with that surfer boy?" Elijah asked her.
"I blocked him,"
"Seriously?" She sighed, "Why do you say you love them when you obviously don't?"
"Why? Because I hate everything that has a dick,"

"Well, you certainly have a long list of exes," They began with their morning stretch routine. Elijah did a gentle forward fold.
"Exes whose face I don't know," She laughed, "I hate men, I don't want to see their ugly faces,"
"You're hard to understand," Elijah shrugged.