31 ❀ Off my rocker

Klepto POV

          Klepto POV

It's still dark when I wake up.

I lift my head and open my mouth wide for a yawn. Smacking my lips, I manage to pull myself up and crawl out of my den to start the day even though all I want to do is sleep in for as long as possible.

     The chilly weather isn't exactly inviting.

Two weeks. Yeah, two weeks. It has been two weeks since I've been dumped into the woods to live a life on my own.

     It seems I'm developing a ritual of sorts, a routine if you will.

I get up in the morning with a determination to succeed, head out into the wide world with optimism, just like good old Paullini taught me.

I've decided to give this rogue girl a few more days to show up before I abandon ship. She deserves that much.

     I mean, I've spent enough time out here searching high and low for her to give up now anyway.

Of course I don't blame her for leaving, I'm the one who turned down her offer after all. It's her right to disappear and never be seen again.

I often feel bad for the time I snitched on her to the Alpha of my old pack, she didn't deserve that. She was trying to help me.

     I'm sure now that she was harmless, plenty of rogues are harmless, like Aunt Emilia.

Now that I think back on that day, I assume my intention was to get some type of recognition and acceptance by impressing the Alpha.

     Looking back now, I shake my head at the ridiculous notion. Like anything I do would actually impress him, or that his opinion of me matters in the first place.

It's crazy how much clearer my head has become since I've been away from my pack.

     Without the constant bullying, cleaning, and intimidation, I actually feel like I have control of my own mind. My own emotions.

I feel free, but I still miss my brothers with my whole heart and soul, as cheesy as it sounds.

The thought alone of their little faces sends me into a deadly tailspin. I have to distract myself in any way that I can.

Distractions include hunting, running, and even chasing my tail. Yeah, I am that desperate thank you very much.

Of course I've always loved being in my wolf form, but this is a whole new level of appreciation. It's life changing to be like this all the time. Every few days I change into my human form to do one thing or another, and yesterday I washed my clothes in the river as they were starting to stink, as was I.

Another thing, bathing in a river when December is right around the corner is not a lot fun, believe it or not.

     I have never shivered so hard in my life, I almost thought I was having a seizure.