34 ❀ Angel of mine

Klepto POV

          Klepto POV

I'm trapped in a fog. I'm not choking or struggling, it's a nice feeling actually. The sensation is close to what I would guess sleeping in a cloud is like.

Soft, easy, safe.

Three words I don't use often.

There is no hurt here, no worry or fear. My body seems to be levitating in peace. I haven't ever discovered something like this, and now that I have it, I don't want it to ever end.

I can't remember what happened, but I somehow know I am gravely injured and my body shut down to heal itself.

At first I think I'm going to die, but as time passes gently, I realize there is no light. Everyone says there's supposed to be light when you're dying, a light that you follow on to the next world.

     The light that leads you to the Moon Goddess.

But there is no light. Just a never ending darkness that takes up everything and anything. The abyss makes me itty bitty, an insignificant mite of dust. For once, feeling like nothing isn't so bad.

Maybe this is death, maybe I am in fact dead as a doornail. If this is what comes after life, I'm not complaining.

     I can live with this... I mean die with this.

The comfort I feel is immense, incredible indescribable... all the i words.

There is no telling time where I am, but I know it's a while before I start to feel again.

     It's like a gradual decline of euphoria, and I can hear murmurings around me. It sounds like I'm trapped in the ocean, under the current, and someone is trying to communicate from the shore.

Time passes some more, and the sounds get suddenly louder. The noises come and go as they please, and I wish more than anything I could scream out for them to cease.

My perfect bubble of relaxation is thinning out slowly but surely, until it finally pops.

The first thing I hear is an endless beeping that grates on my last nerve. Then, awhile later, I pick up on someone talking, and I can actually understand what they're saying.

"shouldn't be here! out of here!"

The voices cut in and out unevenly, I grow frustrated that I can't understand. I calm myself and focus as hard as I can, trying to concentrate on what goes on around me as I slumber.

"I kicked her out for a reason! You can't just bring her back in here and save her life."

That voice fills me with despair, I want to thrash away from it. It must belong to a demon trying to drag me down to hell. It's a shame I can't move a single muscle.