CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE - The Nymph

GANDALF THE GREY HAD ALWAYS BEEN  A CURIOUS WIZARD, by far the ancient Wizard was the most curious out of the five of them

GANDALF THE GREY HAD ALWAYS BEEN  A CURIOUS WIZARD, by far the ancient Wizard was the most curious out of the five of them. Though Saruman the White was the most powerful out of the five of them, he had little fun and little to no friends. It was needless to say the two blue Wizards (whose names history forgot), were absolutely batty. Radagast the Brown was a peculiar fellow, weird yet wonderful, to say the least - with a fondness for all living things. 

So, needless to say - when travelling through a small forest filled clearing; Gandalf was very curious when he came across the skeletal remains of a Hobbit. This was very unusual because these lands now breathed the remnants of death.  Everyone knew the story of the poor, little Water Nymphs of Nymeria Dale that were essentially wiped out by the Orcs. The extinction of the Water Nymphs caused the other races of Nymphs to flee the lands of Middle Earth and go to the Undying Lands.

 The old, grey Wizard bent down - inspecting a ruby, red flask that rested on the clothed chest cavity of the clearly, female Hobbit. Gandalf did find it curious though, that the sweet, innocent Hobbit had been decapitated. The bewildered Wizard tentatively picked up, the rusted ruby flask - to see if there were any desirable contents inside, Gandalf attempted to twist it open. However, the Wizard could not open it. He had sensed that a sinewy, mature, magical force was acting on the object; Gandalf had not sensed such a vital force in many years. 

Surprisingly, Gandalf had seen magic like this before; fortunately, he knew exactly what to do. Gandalf soon recognised this to be the magic of Nymphs, which he found to simply be extraordinary. He also found it bizarre that a Nymph, had used his or her magic to seal a flask. Now, Gandalf the Grey was desperate to open the flask to see what was inside of it. What would be inside? Ancient secrets of the Nymphs? A prophecy perhaps? Regardless the Grey Wizard wanted to know; he needed to know. 

Cautiously, not wanting to break the delicate object, Gandalf tapped it with the top of his staff. The Grey Wizard was clearly not prepared for what was about to happen next, instead of the cap of the flask opening as he thought - it did open, but Gandalf was thrown back by a tough, invisible force. That was unexpected, the Grey Wizard thought. Then he saw her - a woman, that maintained her appearance well. 

Across the clearing from Gandalf was a pale skinned girl, in the light of the moving sun, whose skin appeared tinted a light blue. Her eyes were a deep blue, not warm or welcoming in the slightest - they were just frosty, dark, azure eyes. She wore a tattered garment, made out of mist, leaves and crystals - with a pale blue fabric sewn somewhere in between (handmade). Her hair was extremely long, to the extent where it could probably act as a blanket, it was white, sleek and slicked back with water. Gandalf blinked. A Nymph!

"I beg your pardon, Miss," Gandalf apologised wearily, "It would appear I have freed you from this flask." 

The Nymph, however, rose to stand, not how a normal Nymph would've done. She rose animalistically, from her legs and onto two feet. "You have not freed me Gandalf the Grey," the Water Nymph hissed, "I locked myself in that flask thirty years ago."