Chapter 19

Camryn was sitting in her new room, holding her Spider-Man plushie tightly. She rarely got out of her bed. She missed her dad. Mrs.W walked into the room with two adults in their twenties.

"This is Camryn. She's a nice little girl. You can talk to her for a bit while I go clean up around here." She nods to the couple before walking out of the room. The couple walks up to the girl and kneel next to her bed.

"Hi Camryn, I'm Jessie. This is my husband Shawn. Can you tell us a little about your self?" Camryn frowns.

"I'm not going with you." The couple glance at each other before looking at the little girl confused.

"Why not sweetheart?" The girl hugs her toy even tighter.

"Daddy's gonna adopt me soon." They look at the girl sadly.

"I don't think your daddy's coming back sweetheart," Shawn said.

"Don't call me that. And daddy will come back. He said as soon as he turns eighteen, he'll get me back. He said he didn't have a choice." They gave the girl another concerned look.

"What do you mean he'll get you back?" The little girl sighs, then explains.

"Daddy saved me after my parents died. He kept me safe and made me happy. And I was taken away because he was only sixteen. And papa couldn't adopt me because his job is dangerous. I just want to go home." The girl lets a few tears fall down her face. The couple look at the girl sadly.

"Why don't you call your daddy? I'm sure you would feel better if you talk to him." The girl shakes her head.

"Mrs.W won't let me. She says I was too attached to someone who didn't care about me." The couple became angry. Shawn stood up and walked out of the room and Jessie stayed behind.

"Tell me about your daddy, Camryn." The girl smiles brightly.

"He's the best person ever! His name was Peter. He was suuuuper smart! He loves watching Disney movies with me. He sings some of the songs and his voice is really pretty. He's also good at dancing. Oh, he loves Star Wars. That's his favorite. He likes red and blue. He also likes gold because of papa. He taught me things that people older than me learn. Now school is super easy. It's kind of boring, but it helps me remember daddy. He also got me a puppy for my seventh birthday." The girl seems to lose her excitement at the mention of the dog. "I named him Chewie. Like Chewbacca, from Star Wars. It made daddy happy." Jessie smiled at the girl when Shawn walked back into the room.

"Hey Camryn, do you want to call your daddy?" The girl nods frantically and he hits his new contact. The girl waits excitedly as the ringing begins. It picks up quickly and they hear a young mans voice.

"Hello?" Camryn squeals happily.

"Hi daddy!" The couple smiles at the girl happily. There's a pause.

".....Cam?" The little girl giggles again.

"Yeah! It's me!" There's a relieved sigh on Peters end.

"Hi sweetheart. How are you?" Theres so much emotion in the voice, it makes the couples hearts melt.

"I'm good daddy. I miss you!" There's a shaky sigh.

"I miss you too baby. How'd you call? I thought Mrs.W said you couldn't talk to me." The couple frowns again.

"I made some friends. They found your number."

"Are they with you right now?" Camryn looks at the others.

"Yeah they're here. Do you want to talk to them?" Peter responds with yes, then Shawn begins to talk.

"Hello. You must be Peter. I'm Shawn."

"Hi Shawn. I just have to ask how you got my number?" Jessie looks at Shawn, wondering the same thing.

"I just asked this guy named Grant. He seemed happy to let Camryn talk to you." It's quiet for a few minutes.

"You'll have to tell Grant I said thank you. Were you there because you were thinking of adopting?" His voice sounds disappointed. The couple share a look.

"We were, but don't worry. We won't take her from you." Another relieved sigh comes from the phone.

"Thank you." It's soft and genuine and it makes the couple feel even worse for the boy.

"Daddy, hows Chewie?" Peter laughs softly.

"He's doing good bee. He misses you so we'll have to get you home soon okay?" Camryn may not here it, but the couple does. His voice is filled with certainty and determination.

"I know daddy. You'll get me home soon. You always take care of me." Theres sniffling on the other end of the phone.

"Yes I do Cam." They hear heels coming closer to the room.

"Camryn, it's time to say bye." She frowns slightly but nods.

"Bye daddy! I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart." Shawn ends the call and puts his phone away right as Mrs.W enters. She smiles at them.

"So, is she the one?" They look at the little girl then shake their heads.

"I think we like Jason." Mrs.W looks shocked but nods and leads them out of the room. Jessie looks back and winks at Camryn before leaving the room. Camryn smiles happily and waits for her daddy to save her. Just like the princes!

~~~~~~~~
A/N: we're getting there. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace