Review by Lilo: Broken Kingdom

Title: Broken Kingdom 

Author: SheWritesWonderss

Reviewer: lee-louw

Summary: 3/5

Your summary is very brief and straight to the point. I feel like it lacks something. For me, a summary is something you clickbait people with, whether the actual content of the book is as good as it's being sold or not; however, your summary does not really rouse any questions. What I mean is, if it was written to professional standards ( I know you're not one :)) it would have made me curious to find out who's this Maven and what power does he hold for him to be able to bring a rebel to its knees, what was Mare saving her rebel friends from that required her to hand over her life etc.

In in formal terms, It needs spicing up. Little things here and there e.g, "Mare Barrow, a rebellion inside out knew exactly what she was doing when she selflessly signed away her life to Maven Calore; her arch-enemy..."

"However, whether unfortunate or not, no one knew what her decision would cost her."

I underlined all that I added to your original summary.

I really hope all that made sense.

Grammar: 5/5

Your grammar was absolutely on point. There were just a few words which were misspelled. I actually screenshot them on my phone so I could tell you where they were but now I can't find them so if you want I can just go back and point them out for you.

Character Building: 5/5

I think your character building is outstanding because as I read the few chapters you had uploaded and I could already understand all your characters goals and motivations. I loved Mara's internal conflict and her dynamic character! Her and Maven's mystery past which she keeps bringing up in her thoughts is also keeping both of their characters interesting.

Writing Style: 4.5/5

There's definitely flow and rhythm. No difficulty understanding anything. 

Plot + Uniqueness: 5/5

Your plot isn't uncommon but it definitely showed that it's yours because I feel like you put a lot of effort into making it stand out and not be the usual cliché where Mare would've probably been doubting her hate for Maven because of the few times she's seen a rare emotion in his eyes. So definitely big ups on that!

OVERALL SCORE: 22.5/25

Let me start by apologizing for the delay. This isn't the norm me I promise! 

I really enjoyed writing this review because I feel like I learnt something and hopefully taught you a little something too :)