Chapter 13

Staying in the back of my mind I can feel my senses triple and my instincts strengthen. Standing on all fours I only come up to Lucas' elbow, knee, whatever its called. I'm a lot smaller than other wolves but am twice as fast and twice as fierce.

Lucas realized the change within me and lets out a wolfy grin. For what feels like hours he just stares, admiring my fiery coat.

Another thing that is different with me s that when I am in control in wolf form, my eyes stay their warm amber. When Kenna is in control my eyes turn a bright amber, almost orange color.

Most wolves have black eyes and can't have their human eyes in this form. Another thing that's different about me. Another reason I wasn't allowed to shift. Everyone who saw me was scared that I was evil or something.

I sense a change in Lucas and that's when I know he has let Sorren take full control.

Kenna and Sorren race to each other meeting in a heap in the middle of the field. I have never been able to be in wolf form for this long and it's only been ten minutes.

Kenna's happiness was apparent and I couldn't help feeling happy too.

The two wolves race and chase each other, never being more than six feet away from each other. They only "met" today but anyone around would be able to tell how much they loved each other.

Thank you Audrey. Thank you for trying and letting us spend time with mate.

You have taken care of me since I can remember, and besides how could we ignore that hot specimen we can claim as our own?

Anyway I'm glad we can be happy now.

Me too Kenna. Me too...

A few more hours of letting Kenna and Sorren get to know each other and play, I decided it was time to shift back and take over before Kenna and Sorren got a little too friendly.

When Sorren noticed the change in my eyes and demeanor he gave control back to Lucas who understood that I wanted to shift back.

After shifting and getting dressed, I met Lucas back in the middle of the field. I got distracted though when I see a small red flower growing in the middle of a patch of daisies.

A sharp contrast to the pure white that surrounds it, I can't help but stare at the bright scarlet flower. So different then the others yet still looking like it belonged.

"It's called a scarlet flax. It is known to survive the most intense of weather conditions."

"It's beautiful yet so small."

"Just like you baby girl. Beautiful beyond belief and still so small and gentle. You have survived so much and you're still standing. I'm so proud of you."

After discussing this we walk through the forest towards Lucas' house. He intertwined our fingers as we walk and I can't help but lean into him, enjoying the sparks and warmth his body gives me.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Anything you want Audrey."

"Why don't you live in the pack house? Why have your own?"

A light chuckle sounds from besides me and I can't help the redness that makes its way to adorn my cheeks.

"That was two questions Audrey. But to answer you I wanted to have a place just for my mate and I when I found her. I wanted there to be a place where we could just be ourselves and not have to worry about being King and Queen. Plus there is more privacy..."