chapter 3

talia
2:43am
i woke up, not knowing where i was at first.
i was in my room, alone. my head was pounding, i turned on my lamp and something caught my eye. a glass of water, an advil and a letter on my nightstand.

you knocked out last night, take this when you wake up. i'll see you tomorrow, babygirl.
-g

i put the advil in my mouth and drank a lot of water, i stood up and stretched a little bit. i sat back down in my bed, i was thinking a lot.
i kept looking over at my phone, debating to call jack or jacob.

"hello?"
"hey uhm, you didn't come back."
"i'm sorry i was really busy i- uh."
"are you okay?"
"yes i'm totally okay baby. i just finished my meeting late."
"why are you up still?"
"doing paperwork." he bluntly said.

i rolled my eyes and hung up on jacob, i threw my phone at the wall. i knew he was lying, i felt stupid for listening to him for so long.

"i need you, i don't know what to anymore please. i can't be alone right now. i don't want to wake sammy. i'm so stupid for listening to him. he's been lying this whole time, i'm so stupid."

i left a voicemail, sammy burst my bedroom door open. tears were running down my face, i felt like i couldn't breathe. sammy engulfed me in his arms, trying to calm me down. i sobbed, this feeling was something i've never felt before.

"was it jacob." was all he could say.
i slowly nodded, sobbing again. he held me tight until my sobs turned into sniffles. i ended up falling asleep in his arms.

talia
6:42am
i felt the bed move, i didn't want to get up out of bed. i put the blanket over my head and made an attempt to go back to sleep.

"i got your voicemail. i'm here now babygirl. i don't wanna see you hurt." his voice low.
he was hurting to see me hurt, i removed the blanket off my head. my eyes puffy, cheeks flushed red, he took one look at me and it looked like his heart broke.

"you do not deserve this." he said climbing under my covers, laying right next to me.
i didn't talk, i felt if i talked i would begin to cry once again. 

"i don't wanna see you like this." he said putting his finger under my chin.
he kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me, he wanted to cuddle with me. i turned so i was facing him, my head resting on his chest. he let out a sigh.

i kissed his chest and he pulled me closer, i looked up at him. jack had fallen asleep as soft snores came out of his mouth. my hand was on his cheek slightly moving my thumb in circles.

do i love him? yes

more than i should? i think so.

so i have feelings for him? wait i don't know

he's your brother's best friend and your best friend, you've known each other for seven long years. he's technically your brother.

i don't know how i feel. i think my feelings have grown, sure he's my best friend i might as well let my feelings go.

"i love you." i whispered.

jack
8:57am
i woke up and she was still in my arms, sleeping as beautiful as ever.
i never saw her as more than my little sister until jacob had left to 'visit his family'. i've grown closer to her, more than i've ever been. she never mentioned missing jacob or anything, tali was with me almost every second of everyday that he was gone.

i'm scared sammy will see through me, he's been my best friend since elementary school. i didn't know he had a little sister 'til we were in eighth grade. i had came over to his house and tali had walked out of her room.

to my surprise i had never met this girl before.
she looked just like sammy.
"you guys this is my little sister talia. she wasn't around much because my parents made her go to this boarding school for elementary school. she's off for now until they find a public school for her to go to."

"oh is boarding school fun?" i had asked.
she had nodded no, i could tell she was shy.

little did i know she was one of the best friends i could ever have. over the summer, we have grown so much closer. she had gone to the junior high school for seventh grade that i went to.

"i don't wanna go." she sniffled.
"awe come on, you'll make a lot of friends."
"yea but you're going to be gone i won't see you until i get to high school."

"i'm always going to be here, talia."

she had turned in her sleep, afraid i had woken her up but soon went back to her quiet slumber. i looked down at her again,

"ow fuck." i yelled as she cleaned up my wound from my fight with ryan oliver.

"jack this is why you don't get into fights." she had kissed my shoulder.

"yea but he's a senior and you're a sophomore. he is a perv and i couldn't let him do that to you."

"this is going to hurt once again." she had placed the alcohol wipe back on my scratches.

i had winced, then she went to clean the one on my face. i looked straight into her focused eyes.

"at least i won the fight."  i smirked.
"jack i was scared he was going to hurt you. you guys were so at it, sammy couldn't even pull you off of him."
"i'm sorry babygirl."
"it's okay, you're okay now. that's all i'm happy about." she had hugged me.