Can't Wait to Tell this Story to my Grandchildren

The boys finished the hunt with ease; making me feel even worse about not being able to kill the Werewolf. All I can think about is what my father would say if he was here; telling me it's just a flesh wound and I should have gone after the Werewolf. I subconsciously bite my nails as the boys explain finishing the hunt.
"Scarlett? Are you ok?" Sam asks, his honey brown eyes filled with concern.
"Yeh, my stomach still aches a bit." I lie, noticing the look my brothers pass between them. "Anyway, I need to take Jo back to her mother before I get an angry phone call."
The blonde girl rolls her eyes in annoyance.
"I promised your mom that I would take you on one hunt and then drop you back at the Roadhouse. Pack a bag, missy."
Jo mumbles something incoherent as she grabs her bag and starts shoving stuff in.

"What's the plan, guys?" I direct the question at my brother's, as I perch on the edge of my bed.
"Remember the demon bitch Lilith?" Dean snarls and I nod. "Well, she's breaking seals in a plan to let Lucifer free. Three have already been broken out of the sixty-six needed."
I stand up running my hands through my short hair. "I'm just gonna pack up and go straight to hell now."
Sam laughs, but Dean just glares.
"Too soon?"
He nods. "Yeh, I think a couple of hours is too soon."
"So, you gonna join us?" Sam questions, still smirking.
I shrug. "Why not? It will be nice for the three of us to get back together."
I ruffle Sam's hair as I smile broadly at Dean.
"The Winchester Trio, back together again."
"That's cute, Scarlett, but don't you have to take me back to day-care?" Jo grumbles, heaving her duffle onto her shoulder.
"Don't be like that, Jo. You know I'll take you hunting again." I pat her on the back as I open the motel door. "I'll meet you guys at the Roadhouse and we can go from there."

My brothers wave us off as I climb into my car and start driving down the highway towards the Roadhouse. Jo sits in the passenger seat with her arms folded and a scowl on her face.
"Come on, Jo. I'll take you out again. You were great on this hunt. You know, when you saved my life." I glance at her. "And when you got that hot guys number."
She grins. "Thanks. I know that you or my mom don't want me in this life, but I have to help people. It's in my blood. My dad did it and I can't let him down."
"Hey, I totally get it. Saving people is addictive and helps make up for all the bad things I have done. The innocent people I have hurt to kill monsters. But this life will suck you up and spit you back out. You're young Jo. Go to college, get a hot boyfriend, be a normal kid."
She sighs, running a hand through her long blonde hair. "I think it's too late for that."
"It's not. It's too late for me and my brothers. It's too late for the Hunters that frequent your bar, but not for you. This life hurts you, drains you, and then kills you painfully." I smile softly. "Think about it for me, for your mom."
Jo nods, turning to look out of the passenger door window. That girl is too stubborn. Sure, she's an amazing hunter, but she doesn't deserve to be trapped in this life. Not while she still has everything to live for.

After a couple of hours on the highway, I notice the sign for the Roadhouse up ahead and I slow down to pull in. There are multiple cars in the parking lot, and loud music blares from the building. Jo hops out as soon as the car stops and grabs her bag before heading into the Roadhouse. It's filled with mostly men, but a few women are dotted around. I spot Sam and Dean playing pool at the back of the bar.
"Scarlett Winchester, thank you for bringing my daughter back safe and sound." A familiar voice mutters from behind me.
I spin around on my heels and hug Ellen.
"She's one hell of a hunting partner." I grin, winking at a bored looking Jo, who is leaning on the bar.
Ellen rolls her eyes. "I don't care. I don't want my daughter hunting, so stop making a habit of it."
"Yes, ma'am."
Ellen smirks and leads me to a vacant bar stool where she grabs me a beer.
"A little birdy told me that you nearly died." She mumbles, her face drawn into a serious expression.
"It was only a flesh wound." I huff.
"Our definitions of 'flesh wound' must be totally different."
"Honestly, I'm fine. Jo saved my life. She called Sam and he brought Dean and an angel."
Ellen starts to laugh but trails off when she realises that I'm not joking.
"A real angel?"
I nod. "Ask my brothers. The dude left before I could ask any questions."
"So, how did the rest of the hunt go?"
"Pathologist was a werewolf. I did what I could, you know, while I was also busy trying not to bleed to death."
Ellen chuckles lightly. "If you weren't so damn funny, I would hit you."
This time I laugh, but a voice speaks up from behind me.
"She isn't that funny." Dean complains as he takes a seat next to me.
"Maybe not, but she is sure as hell funnier than you." Ellen chirps.
Dean scowls as we all fall into a fit of laughter.
"Guys, I think we should be focusing on more important things. Like Lilith breaking the seals." Sam interjects.
Our laughter dies down as we stare solemnly at our drinks.
"To the end of the world!" Dean cheers, raising his beer.
"To the end of the world!" The rest of us repeat.