A Game of Deception.

"Lord Ganondalf would have us destroy Zelda, her friends, her armies..." Vaati looked up at Cia.

She nodded, coming to the same conclusion. When she had found Ganondalf all those centuries ago, he promised her power, an army to call her own and she could rule by his side. What she got was the ash left over from the fire. He intended to kill everyone and take the power of the Triforce for himself.

She had been ready to follow him, ready to serve him even if he intended to kill everyone.

That is untill a unique soul caught her attention... The soul of the Hero of Legend, eternally reborn when Hyrule's need is greatest.

Through her powers, the sorceress should have seen that the hero was bound to another. Instead she saw only a soul that was unlike any she had known...

The whispering darkness wormed its way into her heart. It pushed the light away and warped her curiousity into a desperate desire to possess the legendary hero's soul.

Cia had met Link, the Hero of Legend, when Ganondalf had sent her on a mission. She became completely obsessed with him even though he was the enemy. Her darkness was fueled by her jealously of her sister Lana who had befriended Link and of Zelda who was also close to Link.

Cia tried to entice Link with the power she would one day possess when her role with Ganondalf was fulfilled. When he didn't back down, her hatred blew up inside her.

"Ganondalf is a fool!" Cia snapped.

"Indeed he is..." Vaati cocked an eyebrow, impressed that she had gotten his point so quickly.

Vaati had also met Link before. Vaati had kidnapped Zelda and intended to make her his bride. It was so simple, he had kidnapped many girls before her and yet this small boy had the audacity to oppose him?

Link wasn't alone, he had become friends with a Picori called Ezlo. Vaati thought he had gotten rid of the foul creature by cursing it. But Goddess be damned, both Link and Ezlo came for him.

The small boy had bested him? Him? Vaati? Because of that boy, Vaati had been sealed away, banished into nothing.

Finally his powers had restored after many a millennium. He had felt Link touch the Foursword, the sword the ancient Picori had given to an old version of himself.

He had felt the sensation of the Foursword over a century ago from before the Calamity. When he had first been resurrected, he was weak. Too weak for anything. That had not weakened his mind however.

Vaati couldn't reach Zelda while she was battling Ganon and Link was incapacitated in the Shrine of Resurrection. He knew he couldn't just pounce, he had to wait.

Now the Calamity had past and he had resurrected Cia to do his bidding. He wanted Link dead and Zelda to be his bride.

Cia had agreed to help Vaati because he didn't know her feelings for Link. If she wanted to get close to him, she needed his help. She wanted Zelda dead and Link to be hers.

***

"Quiet!" Link snapped through gritted teeth.

Round the corner was a group of Moblins. They were armed to the teeth. Unlike those in the wild, they didn't carry wooden clubs nor spears but they had royal guard weapons.

This was the last group of monsters in the whole castle and so far, there had only been two fatalities and five injuries. That was quite good for a massive raid.

Finally, Link and the rest of the Big Bad Bazz Brigade slipped round the corner, taking the creatures by surprise. Bazz, the leader of the Zora brigade, took on a Moblin with a Royal Claymore while Link took on another three.

When the monsters were down they reclaimed Hyrule Castle!

Zelda came round the corner and threw her arms round Link, hugging him tightly as a thank you. He had helped in retaking her home.

Granted it would take some time, but Zelda was confident that this was the first step into the future of Hyrule. The castle in ruins could present a challenge in reconstruction but it could also be an opportunity.

***

"The Hero will not trust easily... We need something or someone to get close to him that he won't suspect..." Vaati chuckled, looking over at the dark sorceress in front of him.

Cia smiled wickedly, trailing a polished nailed finger down her face to show she was thinking. With their combined powers, they could conjure up all manor of things. Cia could create something that Link would trust and yet have it report back to her. She would then have the upper hand. If the creature reported back to her, she could tell Vaati whatever she wanted.

"I'll get right on it." With that, Cia disappeared in a puff of smoke.

***

The young girl rattled her chains again, frustrated that she had allowed herself to be trapped by the dark sorceress. She stopped and let the chains go silent when she heard the familiar poof that signaled the mage's arrival.

"Let me go!" She sobbed, running at the sorceress.

Her shackles pulled her back, making her stop a few inches from her enemy. Cia didn't even flinch as the girl came running towards her before stopping.

"But of course!" She lifted her hand up to the girl's chin and looked into her sister's eyes.

"Cia, what do you want from me?" Her voice was hoarse and shaky as she was forced to look into the place her sister's eyes should be, behind the mask.

"Dear Lana... I am going to let you go" she whispered in a fake sing song voice.

Hope filled Lana's eyes. Was her evil sister finally seeing the error of her ways? Was she finally accepting the truth of herself?

"Oh don't flatter yourself, sister!" Cia slapped Lana hard on the cheek, forcing her to the ground.

"We..." She chuckled before correcting herself, "I have a job for you... When the time comes..."